Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: celticswede

celticswede

Shop Now
    Just getting started. I began cutting carbs this week. I'm not 80/20, but on the path. There are so many things to be grateful for in my life. I want to be healthy and fit to enjoy it.

Welcome. We're glad you're here. There's is a wealth of information within the various tabs above. Pay really close attention to the Primal Blueprint. Yes, there is the book if you want to buy a lot of detail, but the principles are clearly presented and are free within this MDA site.. Learn all you can. The forum is a good communication place, but many newbies get confused because, as with any family or community, we don't all pull the same direction all the time.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Thank you for the welcome. I have several PB books including the one that began this journey, Primal Blueprint. Actually the blog got me going, the book keeps me coming back. I'm a researcher by nature and I love the science. It doesn't hurt to have a hard copy of evidence for the non-PBer dinosaurs I live with.(I say that in a very loving way.)

I have started a workout I found on the internet. It includes pushups, squats, lunges, and a few other moves. It does not have pull ups, argh. I'll have to incorporate those on my own. I did see that I will need a pull up bar on the 21 Day challenge. I've got one. So I imagine we will have that challenge coming up.
    I've been doing well passing on the sweets. I am going to keep a new kind of food journal. Instead of writing what I eat, PB food, I am going to record what I don't eat when tempted. Passed on cookies, cake, and chocolates several times this week. It will be eyeopening as to what I was doing in the past and a great motivator/reminder to keep passing them up.

Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    I like your "Temptations avoided log." It is definitely a slant I have not heard of before.
    Sounds like you are moving forward in good fashion.
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

I am still here. Did well today. I'm still trying to figure out how to post in my journal other than reply to post. I am checking in every day with the 21 Day Challenge site.

Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    I usually use the "Quick Reply" area at the bottom of the page.
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Thank you very much. It amazes me that people respond. I kind of think out loud on these posts and...

I grow my own vegetables and in the fall I can and freeze. I had so much kale I ate fresh to my hearts content but the plants were like trees. I like kale but one can not live on kale alone. I don't think so anyway. I made a several batches of kale crackers and have them in the freezer. They are best, in my opinion, fresh. Crackers are crispy. I thought I'd just live with soggy or stick them in the toaster oven. Sometimes they get a little over done in the toaster. Well... I discovered quite by accident if I pop them in the microwave they crisp up again with out cooking any further! Nice. Easy peezy.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by celticswede View Post
    I kind of think out loud on these posts and...
    I do too. Nice to meet ya!
    Female, 53 y.o. 195 lbs 2/15, 148 lbs 02/16. Goal wt < 140 lbs.
    Journal link: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread115661.html
    http://paleotrack.com/j/GtjBV4YJ