Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tummy tuck anyone??? page

twinmama is offline Senior Member

Tummy tuck anyone???

Primal Fuel
    Hey... So, as the name implies. I'm a mom of twins. I got PG weighing about 160. I gained 45 lbs. I quit measuring my tummy after it hit 54" across the belly button. I measured "9 months" by singleton terms when I was 4 months PG. I carried STRAIGHT out in front of me. The stretch marks have probably added a total of 3 inches of new surface area. When I got back down to 160, there was not a single item of clothing that I fit in pre PG, that I could fit into! NOT ONE! My stomach is DESTROYED. I had a surgeon look at it, as I was experiencing insane pain at my C section site (something that none of my friends seemed to experience). She laughed at me (was not a pleasant experience). Because, she said everything had fallen forward (my organs??? ).

Anyhow, I'm now working like hell to get some bit of my formerly cute body back. However, I KNOW that when the fat is gone, the skin is going to be G-R-O-S-S! I speculate, it will also be in the way and hanging. Extra gross. Right???

I was just looking at the b4 and afters... meg a tron recently posted her's. She looks amazing. Her size 16 however, is WAY pretty compared to my sloppy deformed stomach. It's CRAZY! And I know as I lose weight, which will be exciting, my stomach will look worse and worse. This is my experience so far.

My beautiful little boys keep me from needing therapy for this... but I still want to look good!

Anyhow, my plan is to get my body in the best physical shape, and THEN go for the tuck. I don't want lipo or anything. Just the removal of skin... Oh, and to have my abs put back where they freakin' belong. It would be nice to not slosh!

Anyone else in this boat?

LemonFreshScent is offline Senior Member
    I just got my belly button pierced to make myself feel proud of my baby belly 3 babies here... and yeah... my stomach is pretty much destroyed, but i look good in one pieces... I do wear bikini's at home in the backyard anyway.

Does anyone have ideas/hope for us mama's?

I'm hoping that really changing my diet will improve it, but i don't think it will ever be the same... ever... i know it won't... without surgery at least.

Arikara6 is offline Senior Member
    My wife is. She's not PB, but did some research into tummy tucks. Word of caution, pray that you're all done with procreating prior to engaging - apparently whatever they do gets undone quick, fast, and in a hurry if you get prego again (apparently with ill effect). We wanted more after our twins, so she waived off the surgery.

It bothered my wife all the time (we just got pregnant again, so lately it's sort of a non-issue). Totally supportive of her desire to get it done - and will still be once baby number 3 is out into the world.

I have to be honest - if a doctor is laughing at you, then it's probably time for a new doctor (what about this is funny to them...I mean, REALLY?!) You can't hit them (they frown on that), but I'd certainly complain and start seeing someone else.

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    I'm looking at having a tuck done. My exact problem is that I think I might want kids eventually. I'd hate to get a surgery and then have it get messed up with pregnancy. I'm still saving for it though.

I agree, if the doctor is laughing at you, he's an asshole and should be replaced.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I too am a mother of twins. They turn 20 on Sunday.

My stomach is trashed. I carried up front too. They were born 3 days before their due date and weighed almost 7 lbs a piece. I however will not be getting a tummy tuck.

My sister had one and then put on weight. Now she looks weird--flat below the belly button and huge upper torso. I'd rather wear my flabby, wrinkly, "twin skin" as a badge of honor.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonFreshScent View Post
    I just got my belly button pierced to make myself feel proud of my baby belly 3 babies here... and yeah... my stomach is pretty much destroyed, but i look good in one pieces... I do wear bikini's at home in the backyard anyway.

Does anyone have ideas/hope for us mama's?
    Skin can only snap back if the dermis isn't damaged. Once that happens, it simply 'is what it is'. Surgery is the answer at that point.

If you board search abdominoplasty, you'll see that one board member did have it done.

And the surgeon sounds like a first class bitch.

My stomach is trashed too. And it wasn't from pregnancy *stomps feet* It was from the weight I gained after my second pregnancy. So maddening.

With singleton pregnancies, stomachs can snap back as long as weight gain isn't excessive *and* nutrition provides all the skin needs for excellent tissue integrity. Fwiw, there are no topicals or lotions that will prevent or treat stretch marks....it's all about nutrition (zinc, A, antioxidants, protein etc) and managing gain

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Twinmama, I SO feel your pain. My twins girls are a little over two years old and my poor stomach has not recovered either. I carried them almost full term (36 weeks 1 day) and delivered them via c-section at 6 lbs 3 oz, and 6 lbs 13 oz and 20 in long each! We're talking two full term size babies here! Don't get me wrong, that was great but I've been suffering for it. I carried straight out in front of me too and to the sides, it looked like I had swallowed a beach ball. I'd post a PG pic but I don't want to horrify people. I only gained 25 lbs with my PG but it was all in my stomach and my body actually sucked fat from my arms, legs, everywhere to nourish those babies. I seriously looked malnourished in the end as I could not keep up with the demands of carrying them, I could barely eat most of the time. Anyway, a day after they were born I stood up trying to walk and I actually felt all my organs drop to the bottom of my stomach, there was so much pressure down there and I felt empty in the top of my stomach and I could barely take a breath because it felt like everything was pulling on my lungs when I stood up. Weird, thankfully that only lasted about 2 weeks.
    Now everything is somewhat back where it belongs. I have diastasis recti for sure and it does feel like some of my organs "pop out" a little. I still look about 5 mo pregnant if I don't pay attention to how I'm standing and try to suck it all in constantly. It only gets worse with weight loss because the fat coming off everywhere else emphasizes my stomach sticking out. I don't care though, I have the exact same goals as you to lose all of the weight and get in the best shape of my life and then get a tummy tuck. I don't know when it'll be but there is no way I am living with this for the rest of my life and no, I have zero plans for more kids. I'm 28 with 2 kids and that is more than enough for me
    I don't plan lipo either. I need my abs repaired and the twin skin removed and that's all I'm willing to do. Not to mention that having seperated ab muscles is a pain in the a** trying to do everyday things like bend over and put children in and out of cars and lift things, it's really hard and it hurts sometimes so even if I didn't have a completely destroyed looking stomach I would still need the surgery to repair that so I can function normally. I'm hoping mikkiB will chime in here. She had twins and had a tummy tuck after so she has some experience in this!
    Twinmama, do you know when you're going to get it? Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I'm looking at having a tuck done. My exact problem is that I think I might want kids eventually. I'd hate to get a surgery and then have it get messed up with pregnancy. I'm still saving for it though.

I agree, if the doctor is laughing at you, he's an asshole and should be replaced.

A friend of mine just had a tummy tuck, and actually plans on having children later. But to be honest. I don't blame her at all. Her belly has been damaged with lots of yo-yoing (so hope that improves), and does not match the rest of her body at all. She says she won't care if it gets stretched from PG. Shouldn't be much worse than what she just left... BUT YEAH I HEAR YA!!!

AND... did not return to said surgeon. I was sent to HER (IF YOU CAN BELIEVE IT!) because of the constant PAIN at the incision site. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if she had been a cosmetic surgeon she might have been more diplomatic!????
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I too am a mother of twins. They turn 20 on Sunday.

My stomach is trashed. I carried up front too. They were born 3 days before their due date and weighed almost 7 lbs a piece. I however will not be getting a tummy tuck.

My sister had one and then put on weight. Now she looks weird--flat below the belly button and huge upper torso. I'd rather wear my flabby, wrinkly, "twin skin" as a badge of honor.
    See... I'm just a big upper body, and even though my legs needs some work, my body doesn't match at ALL! I have a size 16 belly and a size 8 ass... I used to be a size 2 on a fat day... I don't know who that woman is in the mirror running around naked after my showers... She kinda freaks me out!

Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Skin can only snap back if the dermis isn't damaged. Once that happens, it simply 'is what it is'. Surgery is the answer at that point.

If you board search abdominoplasty, you'll see that one board member did have it done.

And the surgeon sounds like a first class bitch.

My stomach is trashed too. And it wasn't from pregnancy *stomps feet* It was from the weight I gained after my second pregnancy. So maddening.

With singleton pregnancies, stomachs can snap back as long as weight gain isn't excessive *and* nutrition provides all the skin needs for excellent tissue integrity. Fwiw, there are no topicals or lotions that will prevent or treat stretch marks....it's all about nutrition (zinc, A, antioxidants, protein etc) and managing gain
    LOL! The only snapping my stomach could do right now is to act like a sling shot!

Yeah... at 4 months, I looked 9 PG... and had one teeny tiny stretch mark. Then within a few weeks... I looked like a topographical road map!

Ok... and one of you gets away with a one pc.... Right now... NO FREAKIN' WAY...But I'm really overfat, and carry in my stomach... It's weird. Most people wouldn't guess my weight. (or maybe they're just being kind... probably more like it!). But I have an "arpon", it hangs out of the legs... Seriously, this is not my body. I'm shocked every time I see it!

That all said. Now... you might ask.. HOW THE HELL was I a size 2 and now a 16? Well, I used to be a ballet dancer. I was FIT!!! I actually ate quite primal as I reflect back to my teen years..

Then, I gained a teeny bit of weight. Really nothing to be concerned about. But that was the era of eat all the bread and pasta to fuel workouts. And Seriously, I think I just spiraled out of control from there! My hormones started responding to such f'd up eating. con't to get worse. Then I went Atkins, and ended up eating lots of SOY in their STUPID drinks and bars to fill in when I was hungry and not cooking... con't to get worse...

And now, FINALLY, I know with PB, I'm on to healing my body. I've lost a solid 9 lbs. Got a wicked chest cold, walking phenmonia (thanks to my little petri dishes), but managed to keep those 9 off. So I'm back on the horse... and just looking forward to my next 10 X 5.... I think as I heal my body will normalize and will be back to my fit self. I know that I'm really lucky in the way I'm built. (not to sound conceded... it took years to appreciate my own body). I don't think I'll have that weird look as I'm just looking to have excess skin cut off (like a hang nail). Not to be reshaped...

At least. That's my vision now. We'll see what REALLY happens when it happens.

I'll be 40 next May. I want my 40's to be the decade of total health and wellness! And yes, I'd like my body back!

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    I had my twins (#3 and 4) when I was 38 -- very similar story, was about 160 when I got pregnant, dont know how much I weighed at the end as I lost the ability to see the scale fairly early LOL. I was in decent shape when I got pg, but went into labor for the 1st time at 25 weeks and spent the next 10 weeks on bedrest and meds. My waist went from 30" to 55" by 7 months, and by the end I was 55" around from pelvis to ribcage, I looked like a barrel!! had a c-section at 37 weeks and the boys were 6.5 lbs each and 19" long.

Once the babies were 6 weeks old I could take all 4 kids to the gym's KidZone for 2 hours a day free, so I started getting in shape fast . However, I didn't lose much weight, and even though I could do 1000 calorie workouts on the elliptical and 200 crunches by the time they were a year old, when I relaxed my muscles I could stick my whole fist thru the gap -you know how THAT feels! After they turned 1 I was diagnosed hypothyroid and once I started meds the weight came off finally- about 20 lbs in 6 months, after the previous 18 months I'd lost 3 lbs, with the same eating habits and fewer workouts!

Of course I had the apron and bulgy tummy, I had to tuck the skin into my underwear and kind of mash it around under my pants (which were too big in the butt because I had to buy big enough to stuff the skin into), it was pretty weird looking. My husband agreed that once I'd lost the weight it made sense to get a tummy tuck. I got down to about 165 and in January 2007 I had the tummy tuck - LOTS of stomach repair of course and a couple of pounds of skin, just enough lipo to smooth things out. I think the doc said I came home with over 200 internal stitches!

I'll be honest, post-op was rough. Even though I'd had the anti-nausea drugs during surgery, I threw up at least 7 times that first night. NOTHING has ever been so painful as throwing up repeatedly after major abdominal surgery!!! And my poor husband had to keep cleaning up after me and practically carry me to the bathroom. The next day he got me back to the doctor for different pain meds and that got rid of the nausea. I don't know if all that trauma messed up my healing or what, but a projected 2-week recovery turned into more like 6 weeks, with lots of swelling, and it took over 4 months before I could stand up straight for an entire day. It was 6 months before I was able to get back to the gym

At the same time (literally 3 weeks post-op), I started back to graduate school and my eating habits went to hell (what is it about studying biochemistry that makes one crave pepsi and donuts???), so I started gaining weight. Like someone above said, it's kinda weird when you gain weight after a tummy tuck - the bottom part stays smooth, but I got giant boobs and a weird upper stomach hump. In 3 years, between raising babies, working, going to school, and losing my best friend to cancer, I gained over 40 lbs - but now that I've discovered PB, I've already lost 30 of that in 7 months and I can tell that my tummy is going to look AWESOME I've never been a bikini girl and I'm not about to start at age 44, but I actually have a waistline again and definition in my abs - just gotta smooth out the last of the 'hump' beneath my ribcage and I'll be ready for short shirts

Mikki

Katie.... I'm planning on working my bod to the level that additional fat loss is NOT a good idea. THEN I'll look into the tuck. Like I said. I ASSUME it will be necessary to avoid the tucking into clothing and such. Otherwise, I really don't mind scars and such. Hell, most of my scars are ON MY FACE. Weird... but it just doesn't bug me. Not that I have a scarred up face that you would stare like a train wreck or anything...

Mikki... Thanks for the info. And OMG... losing your best friend. Heartbreaking for sure! I lost a very close friend when he was just 31. 9 years, and I still choke up!

Yeah, I understand the "hump" that is being discussed. I've seen it.

How are your scars? I'm also planning a tat when all is said and done. Symbolic of my Fertility journey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast