Thread: rottiserie duck page

Chairdr is offline Senior Member

rottiserie duck

Shop Now
    I am picking up a rotisserie duck tonight. I have never had duck outside of a chinese resaraunt before. & since I havent been in a chinese resaraunt in 4 years this is the only way. Since going primal I have been getting very creative in the kitchen. So this sounds like something new & Primal? Please tell me duck & duck skin count as primal fare, If not im gonna have to just hang it in my window for decoration.BTW serving it with mashed cauliflower with shredded zucchini, coconut milk & blue cheese.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Om nom nom....

Sounds delicious! Enjoy all that lovely fatty crispy skin!

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    *yells from mountain top* I FREAKING LOVE DUUUUUUUUUUCK

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I got to this Thai/Asain place often and usually get a Duck wok with maybe 1/2 a duck in it or something. They told me they couldn't make it without the sauce but the sauce seems pretty light - as in it's not swimming in it. Does anyone know if the carb/sugar content of those sauces are high?

I believe the oil they use is a bigger problem than the sugar... not sure
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Ready for this..I got to the farmers market to pick up my friggin duck, & the morons sold it to another guy with my name. So now I really & dying to get this "elusive game bird". They were very sorry, & they are giving me a free one on Friday. So Shake tonight, & free $20 bird tommorow. I will keep you posted. (What a tease right after a big IF)
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

OMG...the bird rocked. I ate almost the enire thing myself (oops). I reccomend getting a duck to anyone with some disposable income. It was a great change for me considering i only eat chicken, turkey & fish for the last 4 years. Who knows maybe some bacon being reintroduced sometime soon? Not sure how often I would get a duck @ $20, but i will always refer to my 1st duck as the "Lynyrd Skynrd duck" gotta love good customer service
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairdr View Post
    OMG...the bird rocked. I ate almost the enire thing myself (oops). I reccomend getting a duck to anyone with some disposable income. It was a great change for me considering i only eat chicken, turkey & fish for the last 4 years. Who knows maybe some bacon being reintroduced sometime soon? Not sure how often I would get a duck @ $20, but i will always refer to my 1st duck as the "Lynyrd Skynrd duck" gotta love good customer service
    dude I can, and have, eaten an entire duck in one sitting. It was a feat of feats!