Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Un/Salty Sweat? page

LovingPrimal is offline Junior Member

Un/Salty Sweat?

Shop Now
    Has anyone noticed their sweat being less salty and sticky? I was doing something outside (practicing putting up a tent in preparation for this weekend's outdoor activities) the other day and it wasn't terribly hot but was humid. I was dripping sweat, but then I noticed that it was very watery and not very sticky. (I don't usually notice my sweat!). It was kinda weird! Now I don't work out for the sake of working out, but I do dog agility so I definitely sprint a few times a week.

Oh ya, I've not been wearing any deoderant in the last three days and no one has said anything (even in the office)!!! (I can't even smell anything from my armpits).

I've been primal-with-raw-dairy since the beginning of this year, and am 7 lbs. away from normal BMI (in case that matters!).

Linda

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I've noticed that. It smells much milder, too. I haven't used soap in the shower in over 4 months.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i've noticed that too. what makes that happen? is it the lack of sodium since we're not eating all the processed foods, or is that just a sign of being more fit?

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    You guys are not getting enough Brawndo. I suggest immediate supplementation.

http://www.brawndo.com/

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    You guys are not getting enough Brawndo. I suggest immediate supplementation.

http://www.brawndo.com/
    it's got what plants crave

chima_p is offline Senior Member

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingPrimal View Post
    Oh ya, I've not been wearing any deoderant in the last three days and no one has said anything (even in the office)!!! (I can't even smell anything from my armpits).
    One of the many benefits of getting enough zinc!

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    One of the many benefits of getting enough zinc!
    I'm guessing zinc supplementation inhibits bacteria growth?... ...

I've gone with the no soap and deodorant thing...but if I'm doing something like working out I definitly can tell... although my coworkers who know what I'm doing have only said they have noticed a couple of times...(a bad day here and there I guess...that and the A/C in the building has been on the fritz) ...

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatkid View Post
    I'm guessing zinc supplementation inhibits bacteria growth?... ...

I've gone with the no soap and deodorant thing...but if I'm doing something like working out I definitly can tell... although my coworkers who know what I'm doing have only said they have noticed a couple of times...(a bad day here and there I guess...that and the A/C in the building has been on the fritz) ...
    Yes, it does inhibit bacterial growth. A nutritionist friend taught me that 20-40% zinc oxide cream can be used as an effective deodorant. Indeed it works. Apply every 'x' days just after a shower. Reapply as needed.

I do use soap, shampoo and lotion though. I just like the stuff. Did the no shampoo/no soap for years when it was required of my sensitive skin and am SO glad to be over it.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the Pro Tip Cillakat ... I'm sure it will be appreciated when I'm on an airplane for 14hrs at the end of august

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast