Thread: tendinitis/systemic inflammation

tendinitis/systemic inflammation

Shop Now
    Hi there, just wondering if anyone out there has had real and lasting improvement for tendinitis from eating paleo, or can give advice on specific foods/supplements that have made a difference-I'm struggling with issues in rotator cuff in right shoulder,pain in both wrists and left knee. Any advice much appreciated.

Hi Davo! I had/have tendonitis in my arms and elbows, and just eating according to basic primal guidelines really helped. It took a few months to start feeling the difference, and it still crops back up if I really over-work them, like digging fence-post holes or something like that, but as long as I stick to no grains and low sugar, the pain goes away after a few days.
    There are other members more up on info on omega 3/6 ratio factors, but from what I've read, some good quality fish oil supplements can be helpful as well, so maybe they'll speak up.
    I hope this helps, though!

I have shoulder tendinitis and gelatin has helped me. I take Great Lakes collagen hydrolysate in my coffee every day and when I stop I can really feel the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    F 45 5'5"
    SW 177
    CW 141
    GW 136

Here is a list of food that have anti-inflammatory components: green leafy vegetables, bok choy, celery, beets, broccoli, blueberries, pineapple, salmon, walnuts, coconut oils, flax seeds, turmeric and ginger. You may try these foods to help alleviate your systemic inflammation.

If this does not help, it may be nice to consult with a physiotherapist so he/she can give a set of rehabilitation exercises to help manage your pain.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Thanks to all for your posts!

Shop Now
    You may try these foods to help alleviate your systemic inflammation.