Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long did it take for you to lose weight? page

grokka is offline Senior Member

How long did it take for you to lose weight?

How long till you lost weight? Or inches, as that's probably more accurate. I'm not very patient. . I don't have far to go, I just want to lose the last bit of fat so my abs come through. So really, ten pounds max, but how long? And I know it will depend on me and etc. but how long did it take you?

Russ is offline Senior Member
    For some reason, my first couple weeks of going primal ( i guess it was a gradual build) i didn't lose any weight, but in the next month i averaged 4-5lbs a week.

That being said i am totally fat, so you might not be able to lose as quickly as i.

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    I dropped 35lbs in 15 weeks. But it was such excess that it was pretty easy. Now its the last 10 that I need to calorie restrict if I want it too really go & get lean. @ least thats what the Paleo people say.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

vivilee is offline Member
    I was 150 when I started and my goal weight is 120--I am 5'5. I lost 11 pounds in 2-3 weeks and then it slowed right down. I am now losing about 1/2 a pound a week. I lost 3 inches from my waist in about 2 months. I am down about 12 pounds in total in two months.

I have tried every diet on the planet, the low GI diet, Atkins, P90X diet, Cabbage Soup, you name it, I tried it--I went vegan for a year as well. With the exception of true anorexic behavior I did not lose weight and in many cases actually gained. I was introduced to this way of eating through Dr. Ron Rosedale's book, "The Rosedale Diet". It lead me to paleo and eventually to this website. I have only started to eat meat again after 1 year of being vegan.

It seems to be different for everyone. For women, the weight loss is almost always slower then men from what I've read on the Rosedale forum and on many other low-carb forums. I do know that if you are not losing weight right away it is usually because your body is healing. If you were a heavy, calorie restrictive dieter for many years your weight loss probably won't kick in for up to 3 months after you start.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I will say that you are going to get a huge range of answers from this question. It really depends on how much weight you have to lose and what your body's particular needs are.

If you have issues that need to heal in your body (either from previous eating styles or other hormonal issues) it will take longer because your body is going to need to work on healing itself first.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    I haven't weighed myself in a while, but here's what I've noticed. First, my belly (where all my fat is) looked bigger to me. Hubby didn't notice, but it LOOKED bigger to ME. Annoying. But then I started having trouble with my pants. Like, they wouldn't stay up. And they looked all saggy-baggy in the belly. I actually had to go buy new pants the other day because I was tired of the baggy look, and cinching my belt so tight the fabric would bunch up and look weird. And now my size-medium used-to-fit-like-a-glove t-shirts are starting to hang a bit loose.
    I've been primal about 2-3 months. I weighed myself a lot the first month, no change. Time to weigh myself again - but I'm thinking the pants size is a more valuable measure.

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    In February I was 253 37% body fat. I got down to 178 lbs (bf unknown) by the end of May. I've been maintaining my weight at 180 since then and I stopped working out all together. I know that isn't a good thing but my weight hasn't budged and I lacked motivation. I just started a weight training program last week and I have noticed changes to my body but not to the scale yet. Shooting for 180 at 6% bodyfat. We shall see.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I've never been a chronic dieter and didnt have a huge amount to lose. I lost 6kg (13lbs) over the last 4-5 mths - so nice and slow, although I would say I was building some muscle at the same time. I definitely lost inches around my middle too, around 3. I've still got flab on my belly which I'd like to lose, but I'm happy with my actual weight so thats going to be a whole new ball game for me now.... ie, how to burn the stomach fat but maintain what I consider to be a healthy weight for my height/age.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Not sure reports from the morbidly obese apply, but I am losing 100 pounds in 4 months at a steady pace of 25 pounds a month. My starting weight was 370 and even 270 is an obese state for someone 6-2, so I figured the 1st 100 could vanish this fast if I put in the effort. It hasn't been hard. Well, August will be the 4th and most challenging month. I'm not playing by the rules here though. I am deploying calorie restriction through appetite suppressing intermittent fasting and satiating high fat low carb primal cuisine.

grokka is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    grol- congrats on losing 100. Thats great.
    I hope I can be as successful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast