Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long did it take for you to lose weight? page 2

Cosima is offline Senior Member
    I'm not looking to lose serious weight-- my weight is low for my height because I'm a skinny/fat person-- so I'm trying to gain about ten pounds of lean muscle mass while simultaneously letting go of some pesky body fat.

Having said that, I've been on PB for almost two weeks and the scale says I'm four pounds lighter. My shorts are looser, too. I need to do some measuring to see what's going on for real, but that's where I am currently.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grokka View Post
    grol- congrats on losing 100. Thats great.
    I hope I can be as successful.
    Thanks, but I still have a very tough month to go to make that goal.

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    70lbs in about 1 year. Waist went from 40" to 29".

Abs definitely came through towards the end, although I have to battle the problem of loose skin at the bottom of my abs, which masks the muscles. But hey, I can't ask for more being a fatty for the last 40 or so years.

It took a while at first to jump start as I was still figuring out how much carbs I could tolerate. But once I figured out I pretty much have to cut out all grains and legumes and fruit (except berries) coupled with short but very intense physical activity, the rate of fat loss was astounding.

Now, I have found nirvana. I eat when I'm hungry, don't eat when I'm not. When I eat, I eat as much as I want till I'm stuffed and satisfied. And I don't put on any body fat. When I go on holidays and indulge and put on 10 lbs, I know I can lose it in 2 weeks, WITHOUT dieting, but just by eating the right foods.

Heaven.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    I'm about two months into this thing and haven't weighed yet, but my clothes are fitting looser and my center of gravity has moved closer to my spine. As long as I keep losing inches, I don't care about the weight, but I'll weigh in August and expect to see a drop. My goal right now is to lock my eating in on that zone between 50 and 100 grams of carbs, an equal 100 grams each of protein and fat. I'm still getting stable with that. I go too low and get cramps and exhaustion, then I need to add some carbs back.

Lots of behavior change involved for me in getting stable with it. Before this, if you had asked me, I would have said I ate a balanced diet, after getting off a bad ice cream habit over two years or so. Hah! I was still eating a hella lotta carbs in things like lemonade, apple juice, and rice.

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenbackside View Post
    70lbs in about 1 year. Waist went from 40" to 29".

Abs definitely came through towards the end, although I have to battle the problem of loose skin at the bottom of my abs, which masks the muscles. But hey, I can't ask for more being a fatty for the last 40 or so years.

It took a while at first to jump start as I was still figuring out how much carbs I could tolerate. But once I figured out I pretty much have to cut out all grains and legumes and fruit (except berries) coupled with short but very intense physical activity, the rate of fat loss was astounding.

Now, I have found nirvana. I eat when I'm hungry, don't eat when I'm not. When I eat, I eat as much as I want till I'm stuffed and satisfied. And I don't put on any body fat. When I go on holidays and indulge and put on 10 lbs, I know I can lose it in 2 weeks, WITHOUT dieting, but just by eating the right foods.

Heaven.

What a GREAT Post. Good for you!

Iron Uvula is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been 80-90% primal for about a month and neither the scale nor my measurements have moved in that time. I feel better and I
    think I can see some changes, but I can't quantify anything. I'm trying to remain positive, but it's a little frustrating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12