Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: too fatty? page 3

unchatquitue is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As other people suggested you might need a little bit of time to adjust to the high fat intake, specially if you were not eating that much fat anyways. I know people that started eating a high amount of fat without time for adjusting and they felt nausea and got stomach upset that lasted several days. It went away after starting eating a smaller amount of fat and increasing gradually. Anyhow, in relation to your intolerance to lactose, have you considered raw milk? I know several people that are lactose intolerant and can digest raw milk easily since raw milk contain lactase. Fermented dairy product also help with digestion and thus maybe some kefir would be adequate and highly nourishing as well!

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Digestive enzymes are helpful but in the case of fat breakdown need to consider bile. Its made in the liver and stored in the gallbladder. Biles role is to emulsify fats so that the enzyme lipase can then further breakdown the fat. If bile is inadequate, lipase cannot work on the fat properly so will not be digested properly. So you would need to take certain nutrients to increase bile production in the liver and/or increase bile flow from the gallbladder. Sometimes bile doesn't flow out of the gallbladder readily as its all sludgey so nutrients will help.

TARNIP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Digestive enzymes are helpful but in the case of fat breakdown need to consider bile. Its made in the liver and stored in the gallbladder. Biles role is to emulsify fats so that the enzyme lipase can then further breakdown the fat. If bile is inadequate, lipase cannot work on the fat properly so will not be digested properly. So you would need to take certain nutrients to increase bile production in the liver and/or increase bile flow from the gallbladder. Sometimes bile doesn't flow out of the gallbladder readily as its all sludgey so nutrients will help.

Any suggestions on what to take to help that process Sue? I have been told I have trouble digesting fats so I have purchased some enzymes to take prior to each meal, but anything else that may be of benefit would be really interesting to know

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TARNIP View Post
    Any suggestions on what to take to help that process Sue? I have been told I have trouble digesting fats so I have purchased some enzymes to take prior to each meal, but anything else that may be of benefit would be really interesting to know
    I was reading about this just recently (Dr Walsh) and the following nutrients were suggested: taurine, methionine, dandelion root, greater celandine, lecithin, artichoke, beet extract, choline. If you can find a product with a lot of these nutrients would be really good. I don't have a particular product in mind.
    You can probably get some good digestive enzymes that contain bile. But in the end we want our digestive system working properly without the need for supplemental enzymes etc.
    Last edited by Sue; 07-05-2011 at 12:15 AM.

TARNIP is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for that I couldn't agree with you more, my ultimate goal is to end up having a well functioning digestive system but from being on low fat diets my entire life and getting fatter, my body doesn't deal with fats to well and I really want to heal it The slightest addition of extra fats and I am practically running to the toilet and let's just say, it's not nice at all!!

IndigoBanshee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TARNIP View Post
    Try Superzymes from Vitamin Discount Center if you want to include bile salts, which might help with the digestion of fats, or else Source Naturals Essential Enzymes if you don't want to include them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123