Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good ideas on how to prepare chicken drums/thighs? page

Velocity is offline Senior Member

Good ideas on how to prepare chicken drums/thighs?

Shop Now
    I'm rather new to cooking when it comes to meats, especially in a "Primal" manner. (At home, I know of many chicken dishes we make, but all the ones I remember right now include grain of some sort.) My current kitchen supply is somewhat lacking too (yay poor college student). Any ideas?

For reference, I have onion, bell pepper, garlic, carrots, broccoli, and tomato available for use, as well as thyme and a variety of other spices. As for dishes, I'm unsure whether there is a deep-enough dish to use for oven baking. I'd have to check...

esloser is offline Member
    I cut up the chicken, throw some chilli powder, onion, jalapeno peppers and cook that all in some bacon grease. I then throw it on a plate with some lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cheese, and salsa or hot sauce. Sort of a Mexican Salad...

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    We grill our chickens, so you have access to a grill?

PMAC is offline Member
    I normally smoke or grill them but in a pinch use a baking dish and Cajun seasoning some butter and bake 'em for 45 min or so on 350.

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    coat them in olive oil, fresh garlic, juice and zest of one lemon, and fresh rosemary. Allow to marinate for about an hour, grill on a low flame to avoid blackening from the flare ups. Delicious, and full of flavor

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I think this recipe came from MDA

I stuff the chicken with cut up apples and smear the outside in bacon fat. Bake at 420 for 45-1hr.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    I have been on a chicken drumstick binge. In the switch to pastured organic chicken, they are the cheapest cut. Recently, I've tried, bacon wrapped chicken grilled, oven fried chicken with an almond flour, dry rub in the crockpot or oven, and simmered in a no sugar barbecue sauce. The recipes are on my blog: http://amoderngal.com/2010/07/19/simmered-drumsticks/

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Chicken with 40 cloves. Sear the chicken pieces(skin on), put into a baking dish with the fat of your choice filling the dish halfway up the chicken parts. Add 20- 100 cloves of peeled garlic, Bake at 400*F until chicken is done (approx 1.5 hrs.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Well, I went searching and found this page. I decided to roll with it because I have very little in the way of other stuff to use at the moment (for instance, no lemons/lemon juice). In addition to the salt and pepper mixture, I added some thyme and shredded coconut. I'm eating it right now and holy crap is it delicious.

cookie is offline Senior Member
    http://eatthecookie.wordpress.com/20...grillins-easy/

here is my favorite recipe for grillin chix! lemon & thyme stuffed under the skin makes them juicy.. well that and the fatty, crispy skin! yumsville!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast