Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PB and Drinking Animal Blood? page

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member

PB and Drinking Animal Blood?

Someone here mention the Maasai and after researching them I find out that they and others drink animal blood as part of their diet, perhaps only on special occasion according to one online link. How does this fit into the PB diet? Did Grok drink animal blood? I pretty sure he cooked his meat, but did he? What advantage would there be in drinking animal blood? I know a couple of months ago, I meant several members who are into the "raw paleo diet" and they drink (raw) animal blood.

Who here drinks animal blood?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    More like, why would you?
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    No thanks, the only blood im consuming is the bit in any medium rare steak i might consume.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Unless...

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    I *eat* animal blood, and love it.
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    LOL rphlslv!

Unless one keeps kosher, I don't see a problem with it. I don't think one could get much more Primal than that.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Lmao
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Haha I posted the same thing in the disgusting thread about primal pad replacements. That picture is magical.

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member
    hahahahahaha, lmao rphlslv

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Next time I set foot in San Franciso, nothing will get in the way of dinner at Incanto. Chris Cosentino is a primal genius. The menu centers around fifth quarter cuts and whole animal cooking. He also runs his own charcuterie.

Great vids on youtube and a fabulous blog/website if you google him.

http://www.starchefs.com/features/he...osentino.shtml

Chocolate Blood Pudding
    Chef Chris Cosentino of Incanto – San Francisco, CA
    Adapted by StarChefs.com
    Yield: 6 Servings
    Ingredients:

• 3 1/3 cups heavy cream, plus 1 teaspoon
    • ¾ cup sugar
    • 1 cup pig’s blood*
    • 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
    • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 1 Tablespoon cracked black pepper
    • 3½ sheets gelatin
    • ¾ lemon peel
    • 6 (4-ounce) ramekins
    • Pitted Bing cherries to garnish

*Pig’s blood can be bought from your local butcher, or at some Asian markets where it comes congealed in cubes.

Method:
    In a medium non-reactive saucepan, combine 2 1/3 cups of the cream, sugar, pig’s blood, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, and cracked black pepper. (Save 1 cup of cream aside to bloom the sheet gelatin.) Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring gently. Remove from heat and let the flavor develop by steeping the liquid like tea. Bloom the gelatin in the remaining cup of cream for 5 minutes, or until soft. Strain the steeped liquid; add the gelatin and cream. Strain the final mixture through a fine-meshed sieved; pour into chilled ramekins that have been sprayed with pan spray. Allow to set in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
    To Assemble and Serve:
    Dip each ramekin into hot water and then gently shake the panna cotta free from its mold onto a serving plate. Garnish with freshly pitted Bing cherries. Serve immediately.

Wine Pairing
    The first thing that comes to sommelier Ed Ruiz’s mind to pair with this is RA, a Sannio Aglianico Passito by Bruno DeConciliis of Cilento in Campania. Recioto della Valpolicella would be another fine pairing. Another good option is to choose a fruitier ruby non-Italian port, preferably an L.B.V. rather than a vintage.

either would be fine with me. I love port but the Sannio Aglianico Passito sounds *perfect*

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast