Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Iskander) page

Iskander is offline Member

In Search of Home (Primal Journal: Iskander)

Well, I'm not big on journals, but I figure it might keep me motivated if folks know what I'm up to. So, here it is.

I just got a pullup bar for my apartment today, tried it out, and was able to do 7 pullups (before going primal, I couldn't do any). Don't want to push myself today, though, since I have an athletic event that'll require my arms still be attached to my body.

Foodwise, I'm not doing too well. x_x Carbs in drinks are what get me (like a bolthouse farms vanilla chai smoothie). Also, mozzarella sticks have way more carbs than I thought... Gave up soda and fruit juice recently, and I'mma give up all carby drinks in restaurant. I also don't eat enough... Tell myself I'll IF for a day or two a week and end up doing it for four days, not eating anything until after six or seven. Not really too hungry before then, though. A coffee with heavy cream in the morning tends to hold me until then.
    Last edited by Iskander; 04-13-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    "A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field."

My Primal Journal

Was able to last an entire two hours of heavy activity yesterday without losing any energy at all. Was even able to sprint back and forth for a while without killing myself.

I've figured out that I can do sets of three pullups at a time. Current goal is to be able to do sets of 10 within a month.

Still not sure what's going on with food. It'd be great to find some meats that are easier to cook and can be whipped out in a minute or two. Hmn. Finding something like that is next on the list for food, then.

Went to Denny's last night and got a wicked low carb (bacon, turkey bacon, sausage, yogurt) meal. Even gave up the delicious fizzy drinks and went with water instead.

My Primal Journal

Weighed myself this morning. I've lost 2 lbs since my first post here.

I'm up to four pullups per set now.

Still fasting the day until dinner.

My Primal Journal

Just started the Simplefit exercise thing.

Got in 15 pull ups, 30 pushups, and 45 squats in about twelve/thirteen minutes before I couldn't go on.

My Primal Journal

Evita is offline Senior Member
    Your from " Troilet" ...Nice!! Congrats on going no fizz at Dennys and also the 2 lbs I'm not sure if your looking to gain or loose or just overall better health, but regardless it looks like your on the right track!

Looking to lose fat, gain muscle. Currently a nice chubby 180 lbs (5'8"). I'd love to get down to a nice 160 or there abouts, with lots more muscle.

My Primal Journal

Yesterday I went to a hibachi restaurant for dinner. Miso soup and teriyaki chicken. Was delicious.

Also had a milkshake later. For the first time, I noticed the bloating, stomach issues, and general bodily unhappiness with the severe amounts of sugar in the shake. It's happened before, but this is the first time I was able to tie it directly to a particular food.

My Primal Journal

D= Got really sick yesterday. Was exhausted and drank one of those five hour energy shots. Bad decision. Puking and sleeping all day. Ate a tiny bit of food, went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 1:30 in the morning. Got back to sleep at about 4/5 in the morning.

Today was better. Lost another two pounds. Did day 2 of level one of SimpleFit. 10 pullups, 30 pushups, 50 squats. Not counting the rest times, done in 3 minutes and 58 seconds.

My Primal Journal

Was out camping/at a Ren Fair this weekend. Definitely didn't eat primal, but I'm back to it now.

Just finished Day 3 of Simplefit. Finished with a minute and thirty seven seconds left.

My Primal Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Went out to lunch at Olive Garden yesterday. Mussels and salad. A good lunch. Today was tuna for dinner.

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast