Thread: Primal Forty - my journey to a full fledged 40 year old Grokette Bod, Mind and Life! page

gummidge is offline Junior Member

Primal Forty - my journey to a full fledged 40 year old Grokette Bod, Mind and Life!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Okay here we go.....
    Background:

Always struggled with energy, mood concentration, Hypothyroid, Mum always described me as having a weak constitution Ugh!

So I turned my back on my career and spent 3 years studying Nutrition and passed with distinction - practiced between kids for a few years and got increasingly frustrated that clients had limited success with
    ' Low GL' crap - felt strongly that their inability to stick to plan was more tied up with biochemical problems rather than lack of will power - then researched researched researched, came across this which so mirrors my belief and research findings... Also big fan of Rob Wolf too.

2 years ago, post baby number 2 post natally depressed (adrenally burnt out) again and fat......slung out CW and did my own thing...

Began slowly putting LC into plan Gluten free, and relatively LC, still struggling cos over exercising and excess dairy seeming to spike my insulin and making me more Hypoglyceamic....

Now 2 years later leaner than I have been in years off anti depressants, 10llbs left to go, fitter than ever doing less exercise ( RHR 52) happy as hell with sex drive of a 17 year old..

So you ask why the blog?

Want to step it up a gear....want to hit 40 in April fitter and leaner than ever, still have some belly fat and lower body fat to lose.. want to play more, and bring it to my clients...

MamaGrok is online now Senior Member
    I'm excited to hear what you're doing! I'm not following some of the acronyms (GL, CW), but very interested to see what you're doing food & exercise-wise, and to hear what you think impacted your get-up-and-go, lol!

gummidge is offline Junior Member

sleep deprived again but going to hang tough

taking rhodiola to combat the sleep deprivation caused by the kids!

firmly burning the candle at both ends as trying to see my pals before I leave UK..hope the rhodiola will combat the cortisol issues and help blood sugar

thankyou Mama Grok for looking in - will try to use less jargon!

CW= conventional wisdom
    low GL = low gyceamic load diet
    RHR = resting heart rate

off to london to see Mamma Mia with the kids and hubby flies in for a week so hopefully share the 5am starts!

this morning large mug of coffee and nuts