Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Living Certification page

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member

Primal Living Certification

Shop Now
    I'm a personal trainer and have my own certs, but what if there was some kind of Primal cert? Since reading Mark's book, I find myself giving out more and more lifestyle advice and branching out from just exercise instruction and basic nutrition advice.

You really don't need to have any cert at all to be considered a "personal trainer" but who else would want to be a Certified Primal Instructor?

Certs, to me at least, don't really mean anything, but potential clients like to see that kind of thing. When they ask what credentials you have saying "well I just know stuff" doesn't cut it lol.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Robb Wolf teaches paleo nutrition seminars: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/a...studioid=10601
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps it's the anarcho-libertarian in me, but in my mind certifications lead to dogma and then to nonsense.

warriorlion7 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mav3rick View Post
    I'm a personal trainer and have my own certs, but what if there was some kind of Primal cert? Since reading Mark's book, I find myself giving out more and more lifestyle advice and branching out from just exercise instruction and basic nutrition advice.

You really don't need to have any cert at all to be considered a "personal trainer" but who else would want to be a Certified Primal Instructor?

Certs, to me at least, don't really mean anything, but potential clients like to see that kind of thing. When they ask what credentials you have saying "well I just know stuff" doesn't cut it lol.
    Why don't you ask Mark Sisson if he wants to, is interested in, maybe is already contemplating, or it is in the works for a "Primal Blueprint/Primal Living/Grok Master Practitioner" certification, ha!
    ;-O

localad is offline Senior Member
    "Primal Blueprint/Primal Living/Grok Master Practitioner"

or in simple Grok fashion, a shaman!

(It's a techno tribal and positively primal, shamanic anarchistic archaic revival)
    Last edited by localad; 07-21-2010 at 01:48 PM.
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamo42 View Post
    Perhaps it's the anarcho-libertarian in me, but in my mind certifications lead to dogma and then to nonsense.
    Whilst true, most people look at the piece of paper as everything and if you want to get clients you have to appeal to the majority way of thinking, no matter how silly.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I've been wanting to go this direction as well, but haven't really figured out how to go about it without paying for a college tuition. What's a good way to get certified in fitness & nutrition, that clients would find appealing?

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    +1!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    +1

I'm studying to be an MFT (marraige, family therapist, though hopefully that designator will update a bit as it's sort of archaic!), and already I find myself recommending food/supps to people I know who are suffering depression/anxiety and other "emotional" issues. Just people close to me, and I usually recommend books by authors well-versed and/or their own research as I don't yet have the appropriate knowledge.

I'd love to be a Grokky MFT!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I've been wanting to go this direction as well, but haven't really figured out how to go about it without paying for a college tuition. What's a good way to get certified in fitness & nutrition, that clients would find appealing?
    I'm NSCA certified. I don't think you have to have a formal education to sit for the CPT exam. Look at ACE, ISSA, and ACSM for training certs, these are typically the most widly recognized with NSCA and ACSM being the top tier. If you really know your stuff you could pass them without a formal education. I know the NSCA-CPT has a textbook and their exams are based on that. Some of the topics are anatomy,physiology, nutrition, training principles, safety, Psychology etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast