Thread: probably been here before

probably been here before

Shop Now
    I wanted to put a link in here. I was reading the new food choice thing from the government. It recommends a vegetarian diet, high in soy for protein. anyways was surfing the national institute for health and found primal or paleo diets have been researched by them and are 100% supported by the NIH.

here is the link I found and I wonder why this wasn't included with the new food pyramid.

NIH review on ancestry diets

your link is no good.

big ag doesn't make money on ancestral eating.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

sorry link didn't work and thank you for posting it correctly. the new food pyramid coming says no meat which is huge business in usa. it also says unlimited fruit and greens. puts some limits on potatoes and heavy carbs. so the new food pyramid coming out is not as directly against factory farm as ancestral foods. but still turning away from it.

I really don't see why they even do food pyramid, my plate etc. nobody follows it but just amazed they are telling us to follow reduced fat and no red meats as a staple food choice. the new food pyramid was done only looking at the vegetarian and vegan foods and how those people are not over weight.

it just irked me that yes the government stepping away from factory farming but still holding a ton of old wives tales not the actual documentation that everyone including the government has found to be the best options.

Have you read Death By Food Pyramid by Denise Minger? Great, well-researched book on the topic.

Yep though I think so single prescriptive diet is going to work for everyone - everyone has different genetics (even to their own siblings), different health/illnesses histories, different work/lifestyles etc.

Even if they could do a good prescriptive diet then most people would either not follow it - at best adapt it to version they like.

Even 'Primal' diet may have to be high-carb for some people for best results and low-carb for others, eggs may be bad for some people (egg allergies) and great for others, some people have dairy issues others don't (yet all are 'primal').

Grains: For me some rice or rolled oats don't seem to be a problem (though I don't feel like eating much of it).
    Eating bread/wheat/flour in bulk as per standard diet seems bad, but I occasionally have a small piece of nice crunchy bread is served as part of a good entree at a restaurant during an ocassional social meal.

I'm not sure I could describe by 'diet' (or exercise/training), it 'intuitively' changes week-to-week depending on what I want to do, how I feel, how I look, if I want to try an experiment etc. I don't follow a set program and I couldn't write a prescription for someone else (even before I wrote one - my method would have 'organically' changed ) - and yet the way of eating is basically the same.

Shop Now
    it also says unlimited fruit and greens. puts some limits on potatoes and heavy carbs.
    Last edited by kaongetea; 11-23-2015 at 10:18 PM.