Thread: Is this increased metabolism?? Also a question about poop. page

Nocturnalhorse is offline Senior Member

Is this increased metabolism?? Also a question about poop.

Primal Fuel
    Since past 2 weeks I have embarked on Primal diet. I have been having fatty cuts of meat with lots of green leafy veggies in raw and semi cooked form and liberal use of fruits. I have also completely eliminated dairy and gluten from my diet. Same goes for sweets and beer. I have red wine instead.

Currently I am around 8% bf, 5'10 at under 145 pounds.

Since starting with the diet I have been getting hungry frequently. For instance yesterday after my evening workout I had pork tenderloin with mixed greens. 2 and 1/2 hours later I was hungry again and ended up having chicken thigh with skin cooked in butter and mixed greens. Washed it down with a cup of green tea.

Is this normal?? Btw I never got any craving's for sweets or fast food. Felt much better after having that meal. Once I join a gym I wouldn't be surprised if my body demands 5-6 meals a day.

Another thing is I just happen to look at my poop since two days. It has been dark green in color( half floating/half submerged). My bowels are fine ( twice a day) once after breakfast and once in the midafternoon. No diarrhea or constipation.

Is the green poop because of my added consumption of lots of raw veggies and elimination of gluten-dairy? Is my body undergoing cleansing process??
    Last edited by Nocturnalhorse; 07-21-2010 at 07:00 AM.

primalpatty is offline Senior Member
    IM (uneducated) O, hunger without cravings = not eating enough. I am a sedentary overweight 57-y/o and sometimes I have to eat twice too, to address my hunger. I am of the opinion that if I'm feeding my body the right stuff, it will let me know what and how much it needs. My job is to discern between hunger and cravings. Much easier to do on Primal. Personally, "liberal use of fruit" would screw up my insulin and make me hungry all the time. YMMV. And green floaty poop could be your body trying to adjust to new way of eating. Give it time.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by primalpatty View Post
    IM (uneducated) O, hunger without cravings = not eating enough. I am a sedentary overweight 57-y/o and sometimes I have to eat twice too, to address my hunger. I am of the opinion that if I'm feeding my body the right stuff, it will let me know what and how much it needs. My job is to discern between hunger and cravings. Much easier to do on Primal. Personally, "liberal use of fruit" would screw up my insulin and make me hungry all the time. YMMV. And green floaty poop could be your body trying to adjust to new way of eating. Give it time.
    I guess you are right, probably my body is getting used to this after years of disastrous eating.

Quote Originally Posted by chima_p View Post
    Well did you have 3.5 oz of tenderloin then ate again or did you eat 16 oz of tenderloin then ate again?
    14oz pork tenderloin and mixed greens followed by a huge chunk of chicken thigh in skin stirfried in butter alongside raw veggies.

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    For me, increased metabolism isn't hunger, it makes me feel like the freaking energizer bunny and I love it!

For the green poop, well, you ate a lot of greens, your body took what it wanted and flushed the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by elorajade View Post
    For me, increased metabolism isn't hunger, it makes me feel like the freaking energizer bunny and I love it!

For the green poop, well, you ate a lot of greens, your body took what it wanted and flushed the rest.
    I do have increased energy and my sex drive has gone over the roof. Maybe that's the side effect of working out ( aerobic, anaerobic) regularly besides quitting smoking and following primal diet.