Thread: What nutrient am I craving? page

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member

What nutrient am I craving?

Two weeks ago I bought a head of cabbage. Nibbled at it like a rabbit until it was gone.
    Last week I bought a head of cauliflower. I have no idea why. Not a huge cauliflower fan. Made soup.
    This week I bought a head of red cabbage. Don't know why. Have no plans for it, just wanted it. It looked good.
    My default vegetable from the freezer has been broccoli. Odd--usually it's the last thing to go (often it goes in the garbage, freezer-burned.)

These are all related vegetables. So--what nutrient is it I'm craving?

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    If you made all that 3 days in a row, I might say you're craving something specific. As it is, this is over two/three weeks? Might just be those veggies are in season and visually appealing.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by say_rahhh View Post
    If you made all that 3 days in a row, I might say you're craving something specific. As it is, this is over two/three weeks? Might just be those veggies are in season and visually appealing.
    I live alone. That's a heck of a lot of crucifers--at least for me. Maybe it's normal and I just didn't know it?

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    I think it's a normal amount. I live alone too. =)
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Food cravings http://www.naturopathyworks.com/pages/cravings.php

According to this, maybe chromium, sulfur, calcium?

I love crucifers, so think its totally normal too. Have you just changed your diet damatically in some way? That could explain why you're craving them a lot now and were not before...