Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When a cheat is justifiable.... page

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member

When a cheat is justifiable....

Primal Fuel
    This past weekend, I bought a 25-ound box of peaches. Far too many for me so I gave a bag of peaches to my elderly neighbors across the street. Tonight, after a dinner of buffalo roast and carrots with butter, my doorbell rings. It's the lady from across the street with two squares of fresh peach cobbler, with large dollops of whipped cream and fresh raspberries on top.

You bet I ate the cobbler.

Luckily, I have a friend rooming with me for the week, so I gave him the large piece of cobbler and I ate the slightly smaller piece.

I've been PB since early April, this is the 4th time I've had grain since then. Considering that I am 99% compliant, I do not feel a bit of guilt about the cobbler. In fact, it was such a nice feeling of community (not common in Las Vegas, I tell you) that I think the positive mental effects outweigh the very occasional neighborly treat.

So, do you have an example of not being compliant and it not mattering a bit to you? What was the occasion?
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    I really liked this post. I think it's awesome that you put aside your lifestyle for a moment to enjoy something that someone made for you in thanks. Really, there is so many more important things in life then whether or not you should eat a piece of cake.

I guess mine would be the same...when someone makes something..don't get me wrong, not just anytime someone brings cookies into work or anything..but when it actually is a special occasion or when someone makes it just for you. You don't get that moment back, but you can always lose that pound back. It's special. Enjoy it.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'd say that's worth it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    If someone made me cobbler I would be enjoying it too
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Especially if it was a cute lil old lady that brought it over.

MJinLV is offline Senior Member
    I think that is an excellent reason to cheat! If someone reaches out to you in this town, you gotta feel the love.

My best friend's 40th birthday is coming up, and we are planning a trip to Napa to celebrate. While I plan on using most of my 20% on the wine tasting, if a gorgeous piece of artisian bread or fabulous dessert appears, I won't say no. She has been living in a new city with no friends for five months. I'm going to do my best to make sure she has a good time.
    Food should be fun--Thomas Keller

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Let them eat cake. :-)

I would be conflicted with the situation personally... whereas I would want to eat the cobbler and feel it was the socially correct thing to do, I'd be cautious that it would set a bad precedence in which she would be bringing me baked goods as her means of socialization... ... ... ... ...

then again maybe I over think things... ... hrm...?

Was it good cobbler?

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    I didn't feel compelled to eat it as a socially-correct thing to do because she dropped it off and left. I ate it because it made me feel warm and fuzzy and, hell, it looked great. And great it did taste!

Last time she brought over a baked good was July 2009, she brought over a welcome basket the first weekend after I closed on my house. That time it was home-baked banana nut bread. If she'd brought over a loaf this time, I would have abstained and taken it into work. But fresh cobbler with whipped cream? Well that just won't keep! The sacrifices I make!

And, MJ- have fun in Napa!!
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    If it doesn't make you feel immediately sick then it's all good. In the long run it won't make too much difference, unless one is particularly sensitive to gluten in which cause it should be restriction for life, no exceptions. if you are that sensitive it will be immediately apparent. I had some chickpeas a month ago and it wasn't that bad; a little grumbly but nothing severe like it would be with wheat.

Fuck wheat. srsly
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post

Fuck wheat. srsly

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast