Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: 4 hard boiled Omega 3 eggs before bed?

4 hard boiled Omega 3 eggs before bed?

Shop Now
    I am doing some heavy weightlifting attempting to gain muscle while trying to lose bodyfat, I have been reading up on the intermittent fasting to lose bodyfat but also want to keep my muscle mass. I am curious of the eggs before bed is a bad idea for the bodyfat loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoreo View Post
    I am doing some heavy weightlifting attempting to gain muscle while trying to lose bodyfat, I have been reading up on the intermittent fasting to lose bodyfat but also want to keep my muscle mass. I am curious of the eggs before bed is a bad idea for the bodyfat loss?
    Gaining muscle while losing fat is a slippery slope man. While dieting, you can keep your muscle mass but you will hardly gain any.

And to answer your question, eggs are fine. I like cottage cheese before bed. "Slow digesting" protein, so they say.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

On the other hand...Robb Wolf recommends finishing up your meals at least 2 hours before bed, because having a lot of food processing to do interrupts the release of HGH that occurs early in sleep.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Definitely understand both of your points, After 3 weeks of the PB lifestyle; I still have a little "bodybuilding Diet" mentality. Thank you for your responses. I have seen both of your points on numerous posts and would also like to ask what I can eat guacamole with? I always ate Tortilla chips and now i have made an amazing guacamole with no ideas.........

I agree that you should finish your last meal about 2 hours before bed or more. I try my best to finish my last meal before 8. I usually fall asleep by 11, sometimes earlier.

Most of the time I will finish eating Dinner around 7. If I am hungry before bed, like literally starving, then I will eat a light snack. Maybe a small handful of nuts. But, this is rarity unless I don't get to bed that same day.

I am trying to gain muscle too, but eating eggs right before bed is not necessary.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

quacamole is so good on cucumbers and also celery sticks and jicama......mmmm

Shop Now
    ooooh, great ideas, thanks!