Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Primal Folks In Michigan? page 3

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    I know, right hazyjane? It's bizarre given how conservative GR is. I guess those of us that sought out primal and a support community for it are decidedly different than the traditional Grand Rapidian/Western Michiganian (Michigander...)

I go through Nashville often.....almost every time I drive to Michigan. I've done it twice in the last month. lol

My mom has a place in Highland Park in GH. I'm heading up with the girls in a couple of weeks for some good Lake Michigan time. ooh. I just got goosebumps thinking of grand haven....esp when you're driving in the back way, behind highland park....and you come around that corner and can see the vast exapnse of shimmering lake against the bright blue sky. It's one of my favorite sights anywhere. Just like looking at the ocean.
    How nice to have a mom with place up in the hills above the lake like that! I lived on Grand Ave- as you go down Harbor Drive along the water, it curves and turns into Grand. I could walk to the beach!! I never got tired of seeing the sunsets:-) I love that big cemetery, between Grand and Lake Ave's. I used to walk through it all the time.

It is funny to see all of us, with W. MI being SO conservative (and Dutch- "If you aren't Dutch, you aren't much!" LOL!)
    I actually couldn't stand the culture (or lack thereof) in Grand Haven. People were very preppy and materialistic and I didn't fit in, having lived as a kid in Traverse City, in the north woods. My hubby and I plan on buying land on the Leelanau peninsula- my favorite place in the whole state!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Anyone else in Michigan?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Me I'm by easttowne
    We had dinner at The Green Well this evening.

So much fun!

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

klubkhty is offline Junior Member
    Ann Arbor here.

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Me I'm by easttowne
    We had dinner at The Green Well this evening.

So much fun!
    Are you still in GR?!

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    Metro Detroit here! Livonia area.

Quote Originally Posted by klubkhty View Post
    Ann Arbor here.
    My favorite place in all of southern michigan. One of my favorite places in the world. The last place I lived in A2was (iirc) 525 N. Fifth. Standing on my front porch, I could see Zingermans. We ate all the time at the little french restaurant in Kerrytown....is it still open? Sweet Lorraines was another favorite....can't believe it's no longer there! I worked at the Gandy Dancer for three years.

sigh. I miss it. I always thought I'd live there forever....raising my kids there. Not to be

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    Are you still in GR?!
    Grand Haven right now. It's been so much busier than I expected, which is why I havne't been in touch with anyone. I've had to do a lot of work while I've been here and while my family has tried to be understanding....ummmm.....they haven't been pleased. Then b/c my parents are divorced, time is very much 'split'. Dad and Cindy for a few days, then out to GH for mom and Larry, then into town to visit Grandma.....then one sister's house, then the other. Just lots of too-ing and fro-ing. Plus a few hours of work (at least) per day...yk?

K

Grand Haven right now. It's been so much busier than I expected, which is why I havne't been in touch with anyone. I've had to do a lot of work while I've been here and while my family has tried to be understanding....ummmm.....they haven't been pleased. Then b/c my parents are divorced, time is very much 'split'. Dad and Cindy for a few days, then out to GH for mom and Larry, then into town to visit Grandma.....then one sister's house, then the other. Just lots of too-ing and fro-ing. Plus a few hours of work (at least) per day...yk?

K
    You do seem very busy!! Well, enjoy your family while you can. Where do you live again?

We will for sure have to meet up down the road. I am planning on traveling throughout 2011 (maybe 2012 too?) so I am sure I will be near where you live at some point.

klubkhty is offline Junior Member
    My favorite place in all of southern michigan. One of my favorite places in the world. The last place I lived in A2was (iirc) 525 N. Fifth. Standing on my front porch, I could see Zingermans. We ate all the time at the little french restaurant in Kerrytown....is it still open? Sweet Lorraines was another favorite....can't believe it's no longer there! I worked at the Gandy Dancer for three years.
    I really like Ann Arbor too. I'm not originally from Michigan, but I feel really lucky to have landed here. IMHO, Michigan would be the perfect place if there were some mountains

French restaurant in Kerrytown? Not too sure what that could be... but Zingerman's is definitely still going strong. A few new restaurants have landed in downtown in the last year... Grange and Jolly Pumpkin. There are definitely some good primal options for restaurants here, thank god, because I don't cook as much as I should.

I haven't been there yet, but Grand Haven is supposed to be really nice.

Kerrytown Bistro!
    "Kerrytown Bistro - Extensive list of French wines at this French restaurant with a comfortably attractive interior. They've gone through some changes here, but have retooled and constructed a substantial selection of classic French food."

Katherine

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast