Thread: How Many Primal Folks In Michigan? page 2

Maurabela is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Hi! Welcome
    Thanks Cillakat! I'm a lurker...

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I used to live in EGR. 1839 lake dr was our house. I've been in Atlanta for 14 years and have been gone from that house for 30, but I always look longingly at it when I drive by. I <3 that house. I <3 EGR and Easttown.

When I was 9 we moved to Ada (*way* out in Ada) where we lived until I moved away at 22/23ish.

I know I've seen my Michigan folks.....there are at least two others from Grand Rapids alone....

Oh, and my dad and the rest of my family are still there and dad has totally embraced primal in the last two weeks. He's not far from Michigan/E Beltline.

K
    Yea? I live just off of the e beltline/cascade intersection right by the cascade hills country club. My sisters bf lives right off of Michgan/Maryland.

So he has been primal for 2 weeks... how does he like it so far?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosenberry View Post
    Yea? I live just off of the e beltline/cascade intersection right by the cascade hills country club.
    *gets teary* I love how when I think of GR, everything is so familiar to me. Even though I don't love it, I love the familiarity, the *knowing* a place so thoroughly that I don't ever have to think twice about where I am and where I'm going and how to get there. In Atlanta, even after 14 years, I still have to think. lol.

My sisters bf lives right off of Michgan/Maryland.
    uh, yeah, that's where dad is too. we'll have to pm/email. cillakat AT gmail DOT com Let's get together when I'm in Michigan!

he has been primal for 2 weeks... how does he like it so far?
    here is his update:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/showthread.php?11291-Dad-Went-Primal!!!!&p=163179&highlight=lovely-chat#post163179
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat
    Tonight while out shopping for new, smaller clothes, my phone rang. It was dad calling to update me on progress, specifically his blood sugar.

Pre-Primal (before 8 July, 2010.....he's had fairly uncontrolled T2 diabetes for 30something years)
    pre-prandial are 280-320
    Fasting am 250-350

After 5 days Primal
    Pre-prandial ......103 before dinner (down from 280-320)
    Fasting am 190......(down from 250-350)

After 11 days Primal
    Pre-prandial.........76 before dinner tonight. Totally normal non-diabetic levels
    Fasting am..........106 (down from highs of 350 just a couple of weeks ago, to 190 a week ago). It's still in the 'diabetic' range but is getting close.

We had a lovely chat. He's been talking to the butchers at various grocery stores about his interest in grassfed meat. He reports that there is a great deal of receptivity and interest....even eagerness to discuss (and offer if they don't already) the benefits of pastured meats.

He's been purchasing wild, sustainably harvested (?!?!? oh my gosh!!!!) fish, eating tinned sardines with mustard, plenty of produce, some nuts and seeds.

Ayer's blog, Cooling Inflammation, was also discussed as was Whole Health Source (Stephen's blog). Dad loooooves the biochem
    He's so excited. So happy. He loves the science. Loves that he's not hungry. I think he also loves that it helps him connect to my brother (username moby) and me. Our relationship has not historically been an easy one so this is very......healing really and not just for us as individuals.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

*gets teary* I love how when I think of GR, everything is so familiar to me. Even though I don't love it, I love the familiarity, the *knowing* a place so thoroughly that I don't ever have to think twice about where I am and where I'm going and how to get there. In Atlanta, even after 14 years, I still have to think. lol.

uh, yeah, that's where dad is too. we'll have to pm/email. cillakat AT gmail DOT com Let's get together when I'm in Michigan!

here is his update:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/showthread.php?11291-Dad-Went-Primal!!!!&p=163179&highlight=lovely-chat#post163179

He's so excited. So happy. He loves the science. Loves that he's not hungry. I think he also loves that it helps him connect to my brother (username moby) and me. Our relationship has not historically been an easy one so this is very......healing really and not just for us as individuals.
    That's awesome!!!!!!! I need your Dad to talk to my dad, lol. My father is a healthy individual and therefore has no reason to change his lifestyle. But, he could lose some fat and gain muscle, he could use the extra energy, he could be more happy and much more. So, having him quit grains, etc. would be great. Your Dad should talk to my dad, lol.

I will e-mail you soon. Mine is primaltoad1 at gmail DOT com

When do you plan on coming to Michigan again?

I plan on traveling around the world in 2011. I will have to make a stop in Atlanta!

trev is offline Junior Member
    Living the primal life in Royal Oak. Very cool to see there are others in the area.

That is 2 hours and 17 minutes away from my place... I really wonder how many people live within this radius... If we have enough then I am thinking some sort of 2-3 night camping trip or something? Anyone interested?

We could do it somewhere in Lansing or maybe a bit further east.

Benja is offline Junior Member
    Hello from the UP, I live in Hancock, MI most of the year, when classes are in session at Michigan Tech. Other than that I'm around northwest Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Benja View Post
    Hello from the UP, I live in Hancock, MI most of the year, when classes are in session at Michigan Tech. Other than that I'm around northwest Indiana.
    Northwest Indiana? How far are you from Chicago? My bro lives in Chicago so I visit there as often as I can.

Benja is offline Junior Member
    Hobart, IN. So maybe 30 minutes depending on where in Chicago.

Nice! We will have to meetup sometime in the future if you are there when I am in Chicago.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast