Thread: 100% cacao treat or treatment?

100% cacao treat or treatment?

Shop Now
    100% cacao chocolate -still a treat or sth healthy to eat (in moderation) on a daily basis?
    Yes, chocolate is my topic "du jour".
    I have found a chocolate which is made of organic cacao beans, manufactured in eastern Germany. No other ingredients...delicious, and not even leaving a "dusty" or bitter taste in your mouth.
    Since it is quite expensive, I do not eat it every day, but the question is: well...see above
    Last edited by gergirl; 10-29-2015 at 09:45 AM.

I would classify it as treat (energy dense + processed) though daily may be fine in a certain amount. I do about 2 oz/week mostly for cost--it stretches further melted over fruit.
    36//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

organic cacao powder with whole

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Organic milk.... Hot of course! Who cares about the treat aspect of it..it is amazing, enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

100% cocoa, to me, would be treatment. 72% is a definite treat. I typically consume 86% as both a treat and treatment. I blend it into my version of Bullet Proof.

A few mornings lately, inspired by Mark's recent blog post, I've added 1/2 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses to the BP. It is a bit too sweet so I think I may switch the cocoa content up to 100% raw cocoa. I've done that many times in the past, but the bitterness felt too much like "treatment". Now, perhaps, the molasses will cut the bitterness some.
    Stop by to visit at primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Quote Originally Posted by John Caton View Post
    100% cocoa, to me, would be treatment. 72% is a definite treat. I typically consume 86% as both a treat and treatment. I blend it into my version of Bullet Proof.

A few mornings lately, inspired by Mark's recent blog post, I've added 1/2 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses to the BP. It is a bit too sweet so I think I may switch the cocoa content up to 100% raw cocoa. I've done that many times in the past, but the bitterness felt too much like "treatment". Now, perhaps, the molasses will cut the bitterness some.
    Try raw cacao nibs!

I guess it's both a treat (tastes good) and a treatment (brain food). Win win See this new study:
    Loma Linda University Research Study Confirms Brain Health Benefits from Eating Dark Chocolate
    Take a walk on the wild side.

Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    Try raw cacao nibs!
    I have before and I like them. But, the difficulty of blending them into the BP was discouraging. It was a new experience to pick cocoa from between my teeth. Any tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by John Caton View Post
    I have before and I like them. But, the difficulty of blending them into the BP was discouraging. It was a new experience to pick cocoa from between my teeth. Any tricks?
    Coffee mill, then you have a powder
    or melt them in hot milk/water (haven't tried it yet)

Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    Coffee mill, then you have a powder
    or melt them in hot milk/water (haven't tried it yet)
    I'll try grinding next time. Trying to melt them was disappointing.