Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advice sought page

beamteam is offline Junior Member

advice sought

Primal Fuel
    Help please...

I started the primal way of eating about a week ago. Skeptical at first, I quickly fell in love with its flexible meal schedule and the overall healthy feeling it brought me. I didn't start this diet because I wanted to lose weight (I started the summer at 180 with 12 percent body fat and when I started primal eating I was at 170 with an assumed reduction in body fat). No, I started eating primally because I hoped it would allow me to continue to put on weight, that is healthy lean muscle weight, and get rid of my lingering abdominal fat. Ill be honest, after a week it appears that my abdominal fat has increased... I'd argue my carb instake is less than 100 grams per day and closer to 50 as the majority of my diet comes from meats. Ill usually have a big lunch of veggies and meats and the same for dinner. Ill snack on various fruits if I get the urge. IFing was quite easy for me and I easily will go 18-22 hours between meals. So I don't get it? Do I just need to be patient and let the diet reprogram my genes before the fat will be burned from my stomach? Am I eating to few cars? Too many calories? Too much fat? I just figured my abdominal fat would be reduced or stay the same after I completely eliminated all grains of all types but it hasn't happened yet. And I work out pretty intensely for the sport I play, including explosive workouts and sprinting, maybe I need to walk more? I love how I feel I just would like to see my abs get cutter and body fat reduced. Any suggestions or tips or advice such as: "that's normal for the first week. Keep eating like u are and talk to me in 2 weeks" or something from an experienced member would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
    Tim

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member
    You have to give it a little time to kick in, your body has to adjust to the limited carbs and then it will start burning body fat for fuel. Definitely give it more time and you will see the results.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    What was your fat intake like before? What kind of fats were you eating? If you weren't eating much saturated fat before and are now, then your body might be storing up this healthy stuff it hasn't had enough of. If so, then you should start to balance out before long.

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    I've also had it happen where I start putting on muscle under the fat so the fat poofs out a bit more.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    How are your calories? I bet their fine, but you gotta make sure your not goin over, and do you know if it could be water retention?
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

beamteam is offline Junior Member
    I never ate saturated fats before. I was always one to stick strictly to turkey and chicken breasts. I never cooked in butter and avoided fat at all costs especially saturated fats. Maybe this first week is just my body adjusting to using fat as its primary energy source? Or at least I hope it is because although i feel great I'm starting to look less and less like I want to. I also eat out a considerable amount, always eating nothing but plants and animals raised organically, but maybe they are putting something in there? My metabolism has always been pretty good and I loved the way i looked after the first few days of primal eating im just worried about these last couple days and how I've been looking. As far as calories go, I generally only eat 1 to 2 meals max during a day with no snacks. And I IF a good bit so I don't think they can be a problem? Although, I do overeat (one of my faults) but only on primal foods! I'm just worried, I was on the path to success all summer, decided to change it up with Primal eating and hope i see the benefits. When i get back to school my weight and body fat will all be measured out, I don't want my coaches to think i've been slacking all summer. Also, i just got surgery today and can't sprint/intensely workout for a month. How can i compensate? Walking more? Hiking/slow jogging? Any insights would be appreciated.

Tim

MGV
    MGV is offline Junior Member
    I've heard we only need a portion of meat the size of your computer mouse everyday. Perhaps you are eating too much meat. All carbs are not bad either. OATS are complex carbs and they are good for you. Their only job is to move fat along and out. Also, onions job is to break down fat and move it along. We only need 3 grams of Oats a day everyday to keep control of that waist line. That and some exercise of course.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    OATS are complex carbs and they are good for you. Their only job is to move fat along and out. Also, onions job is to break down fat and move it along.
    What the....???!
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

MJinLV is offline Senior Member
    Beamteam,

It is a process. You can't go by just a day or two. The first two weeks I went up and down the same three pounds, but my ab "pooch" definitely decreased. The weight didn't go, but I felt so much better and had no brain fog. Give your body time to adjust and forget instant gratification.
    Food should be fun--Thomas Keller

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't think MGV read the book, or anything else in this Forum....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast