Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: POLL: Do You Eat Dairy? Raw? page 5

Nocturnalhorse is offline Senior Member
    I cut gluten and casein completely from my diet. If I had a choice to resort back to one particular dairy product I would go for raw milk, especially raw goat's milk.

LemonFreshScent is offline Senior Member
    well after eating cheddar cheese today and getting bloated from it... (boo)... I'm thinking i'm going to try cutting it out... I only drink milk in coffee. Yogurt and cottage cheese don't bother me (at least I think)... regular cheese and milk/cream do.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is my nemesis. Ok Dairy and wine.

Dairy definitely makes me feel bloated and has some effect on my weight loss/gain. I am pretty sure it has some inflammatory effects on me as well. I try to avoid it on a regular basis like in heavy cream on coffee, or as mundane cheeses. But in the right circumstances, I will stoically endure the consequences of good real very stinky cheese as long as the cheese quality is worth them.
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    I eat pastured butter and ghee only. Coconut milk has been a successful substitute for me. (the more wine I drink, the more I lose, as I will tend to drink instead of eat. Oops!)

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Having said that, I don't believe milk of another species is biologically appropriate for human consumption.
    I should also add that while I don't *believe* other species dairy is biologically appropriate for us, I find it absolutely delicious.

For the 10+ years that I considered myself dairy free, I did drink cream in my coffee every day and cook, when possible, with butter. Some definitition of dairy free. lol No milk though, no cheese, no yogurt.

When I finally adopted primal in earnest (oh, the importance of being earnest lol) I started eating dairy as a way to easy my transition away from the addictive grains and sugar. It worked.

Two weeks ago, after getting back my last bloodwork, which showed that my c reactive protein was again very elevated (damn!), I moved away from dairy again except for the rare coffee that I purchase while out (once a week? less?). No yogurt or milk for me and like Serial Sinner, the rare cheese in which I indulge must be without a doubt worth it in order to endure the inflammatory side effects. That indulgence is very rare indeed.

Now wine on the other hand......

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisous View Post
    I eat pastured butter and ghee only. Coconut milk has been a successful substitute for me. (the more wine I drink, the more I lose, as I will tend to drink instead of eat. Oops!)
    LOL, I wish it was like that for me. When I drink I almost always want to eat too, even bigger Oops when that happens!

Ernst is offline Member
    I should also add that while I don't *believe* other species dairy is biologically appropriate for us, I find it absolutely delicious.

For the 10+ years that I considered myself dairy free, I did drink cream in my coffee every day and cook, when possible, with butter. Some definitition of dairy free. lol No milk though, no cheese, no yogurt.

When I finally adopted primal in earnest (oh, the importance of being earnest lol) I started eating dairy as a way to easy my transition away from the addictive grains and sugar. It worked.

Two weeks ago, after getting back my last bloodwork, which showed that my c reactive protein was again very elevated (damn!), I moved away from dairy again except for the rare coffee that I purchase while out (once a week? less?). No yogurt or milk for me and like Serial Sinner, the rare cheese in which I indulge must be without a doubt worth it in order to endure the inflammatory side effects. That indulgence is very rare indeed.

Hey cillakat. I don't know much about inflammations from dairy and also, the c reactive protein being elevated, can you tell me a bit about that and how much does the test cost?

Thanks

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Butter: only Kerrygold
    I LOVE cheese: brie, blue, goat, parmigiano, etc.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    Butter: only Kerrygold
    I still haven't tried kerrygold, too much $$. But, you'll be happy to know I switched from Organic Valley and now buy cheaper, local butter. No more supporting corrupt companies

PMAC is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York

Cillakat,

What do you consider an elevated CRP? I have read from reliable sources that milk is not inflammatory. I use a lot of dairy (raw) and mine was less than .2 which I think is low. I have a physical tomorrow, I'll see what the doc has to say. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345