Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Do You Eat Dairy? Raw? page 2

Lys
    Lys is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    We do eat dairy... In theory I'm of the human milk for human babies, cow's milk for calves mindset, but I love it too much to give up for now

I have heavy cream and cheese. Kids get whole milk (but not much of it) and cheese (probably TOO much). I also do kefir in our smoothies, except for at the moment I'm waiting on some new grains because I killed mine

No raw milk here, can't afford it.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to find raw milk close to me, but no luck yet. I get some raw gruyere cheese once in a while but it's pretty expensive.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    butter daily, heavy cream weekly, half and half periodically. no milk or cow cheese. nothing raw.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Have never really liked it. Happy without it, it is for baby cows after all. Cow, rat, human, dog...nothing special about bovine milk.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    There's no raw dairy within an hour and a half's drive from me or I would be a regular customer. I culture organic dairy regularly.

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I have cut back, though. I use HWC in my coffee and in quiches. I eat yogurt. Lots of butter. I sometimes eat cheese, but it's no longer a major addition to every single meal. Dairy used to be huge for me, and I feel better eating less. I would love to go raw, but I can't afford it.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    cream daily, butter more sporadically. cheese every 3rd day or so, grated in the BAS. and love cottage cheese! 13g protein per 1/2 cup hell yea!

and i forgot: FAGE!

PMAC is offline Member
    Why does every dairy post have to have someone say "it's for calves not for people". Food is "for" whomever or whatever consumes it. Just because someone or thing chooses not to consume a food does not mean it is not meant to be consumed by others. Eat what makes you feel good and don't eat what makes you feel bad. As Robb Wolf says: If you have a question about a food, remove it from your diet for a month and see how you look, perform and feel. Folks putting other peoples practices down on this forum gets old.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Thanks - I'll remember that next time I see a woman breastfeeding.

Ernst is offline Member
    I do and to me, it seems it makes evolutionary sense. Shouldn't it be Paleo to consume dairy? No one has replied back to my last response on my thread here, To-Dairy-or-not-to-Dairy post #113 is my last post and I just feel that it seems evolutionary sound. If not, smack me across face with a huge cow please.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast