Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fruits...Fruits...Fruits...Good or bad? page

JeanPatrick is offline Senior Member

Fruits...Fruits...Fruits...Good or bad?

Primal Fuel
    Fruits are an ongoing debate in this community. Either one eats all kind of fruits without any guilt or either one stay away from them all. Both side seems to have good arguments.

i decided to make a ''guide'' to fruit. I state my opinion on this matter by using evolution based arguments. I figured some of the reader who are confused about fruit consumption (lots of them judging by the fruit threads) might enjoy reading my article.

Fruit: its role within the paleolithic diet

If you have any comment, suggestions, etc. Feel free to share them.

Have a great day everyone!
    Living the hard way has never been so easy!
    My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Fruit is great! Eat fruit in season.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

JeanPatrick is offline Senior Member
    Well said!
    Living the hard way has never been so easy!
    My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

chia is offline Senior Member
    follow your instincts. Days where you're super active, have a bit more fruit since it will get burned off quite nicely...other days, maybe stick to only a handful of berries and an apple.... just mix it all up... of course, it all depends on each individual. The younger you are...the more fit you are.. the more leeway there is with higher sugar items. If you're out of shape, overweight...or just older in general, it might be best to limit them until you get your body fat and fitness level sorted out. Of course when you're super young and in great shape, you haven't had the years yet to let the insulin get out of control.....but everyone eventually will have to watch what they eat if they aren't taking proper care while they're younger. It's easy enough to sail through your twenties and even thirties getting away with a bit of a crappy diet...but, eventually...middle age hits all of us. Why not take excellent care all along? :-)

shannon is offline Senior Member
    very individualized as chia says. i stay away from fruit most days, but that is me. when i do eat it i stick to berries.
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could get hold of unadulterated wild fruit, not the selectively-bred, cultivated junk that the shops are full of.

I prefer the tang of a crab apple to overly sweet modern fruits. I used to eat Bramley cooking apples as they are!

shannon is offline Senior Member
    go foraging chronyx. betcha find lots o berries!
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Shannon and consume fruit about like she does, not often and just berries. For me the avoidance of all sweet things is probably just wise considering the history of my sweet tooth. The more I stay away, the less I crave. When I eat berries it is always mixed into my quite tangy homemade yogurt further diminishing their sweetness.

Also Shannon, your sig cracked me up and made me miss Tommy Smothers.

rucker_z is offline Member
    Read the Primal Blueprint to see what Mark Sisson, the owner of this site, thinks about fruit.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It isn't good. It may not be so bad. Don't think that you're doing your body a favor with it. Although a couple of pieces a day may not be a bad thing.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast