Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy way to hit 3,000 calories while eating "clean"

Easy way to hit 3,000 calories while eating "clean"

Shop Now
    My calorie target is 3,000 calories per day but it is very hard to reach that with minimal cooking time with whole foods. So I've been racking my brain trying to reach the target without spending an absurd amount of time prepping and eating the food. I've had problems with rice in the past but I'm giving it another shot.

Here I came up with.
    Total Calories for the day: 3,000
    Total Actual Prep Time: 22 minutes

Meal 1 - 552 Calories in 5 minutes
    4 eggs - 312 Calories
    Scrambled in 2 TBSP coconut oil - 240 Calories
    Prep Time 5 Min

Snacks - 165 Calories in 2 minutes
    Gelatin - 80 Calories
    Whey - 85 Calories
    Prep Time 2 Min

Meal 2 - 2,320 Calories in 15 minutes
    Bunch of leafy greens and other veggies in the slow cooker - 100 calories
    1.25 pounds of chicken breast - 620 Calories
    2 Cups of white rice - 1,360 Calories
    Can of light coconut milk - 240 Calories

Night before, Wash and throw 2 cups of rice in slow cooker, put in fridge for 12 hours to turn into resistant starch
    Throw veggies and chicken cooker - Set on low, cook for 4 hours
    Cut up chicken into little pieces and mix in with rice
    Pour can of coconut milk into rice and chicken, mix up, add salt.

Meal Prep time:
    Rinsing Rice, turning on rice cooker - 5 min
    Washing chicken and veggies, putting into slow cooker - 5 min
    Cutting chicken, mixing chicken with rice and coconut milk - 5 min

Can anyone else prepare 3,000 calories of non-toxic food in under 22 minutes or less?

am not sure if this is supposed to be a challenge?

the r/s benefits from the rice come from the cooking and cooling. not from soaking it overnight.

you may find it easier and (tastier) to use your slow cooker for "off-cuts" of red meat, like shank, tongue, heart, etc. this will have more cals than chix breast and bscb is a dreadful choice of meat for the slow-cooker. that gadget works best for meats that have lots of collagen and benefit from being cooked low and slow.

you can also steam a few pounds of potatoes at a time, cool and reheat for additional r/s.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    am not sure if this is supposed to be a challenge?
    The idea here is to prepare prepare a day's worth of calories without anything that is bad for you with a minimal amount of time in the kitchen. Not all of us want to spend 3 hours a day in the kitchen.

the r/s benefits from the rice come from the cooking and cooling. not from soaking it overnight.
    I wan't clear enough in my original post. I meant to cook it the night before in the rice cooker and leave the cooked rice in the fridge over night. I agree there is no benefit to soaking white rice overnight.

chix breast and bscb is a dreadful choice of meat for the slow-cooker.
    The slow cooker is good because you don't have to watch the chicken or turn it over. Also you can cook the veggies at the same time. It is a time saver.

you can also steam a few pounds of potatoes at a time, cool and reheat for additional r/s.
    The problem with potatoes is that most of the solanine is right under the skin. To get over 1,000 calories of potatoes without the skin you will have to spend a lot of time peeling potatoes. This will shoot prep time through the roof. The idea of this thread is to keep prep time down.
    Last edited by ketone_bill; 10-25-2015 at 07:56 AM.

i get you want hands-off/minimal fuss. red meat, or even pork shoulder, is a better choice for the slow cooker than chicken breast. any cut with lots of collagen that needs breaking down is a better choice. are you eating cafo chicken? you're consuming a shit-ton of O6 with your plan.

as for the potatoes, bake off a big bag of russets and just eat the insides. no peeling.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

also your cal count for rice is for raw. rice about triples when cooked. you're going to pound 6-7 cups of rice at a meal?

Ernest Hemingway

I am missing oils in the meals. And nuts and fatty fish. Would be good for Om3:Om6.
    But phh, I am a bloody veggie

you're consuming a shit-ton of O6 with your plan.
    Not really. By his calorie count, OP is using breast meat only without skin...not a big deal re O6.

OK, excuse me for my ignorance, but aren't rice and potatoes a no-no on the paleo plan?
    "Live Primally, Train Practically, Prepare Tactically..."

Quote Originally Posted by Off Duty View Post
    OK, excuse me for my ignorance, but aren't rice and potatoes a no-no on the paleo plan?
    On mine white potato is limited and rice is counted as a cheat/20%/post workout insulin surge......In essence yes you are correct. Sweet potatoe, squash, and fruit should replace white potatoe and rice in a traditional plan.

But a dude with screen name "ketone bill". Shouldn't be having any of the above!

Shop Now
    Yes, but they seem to acceptable on primal