Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food Combining and Order of Eating

Food Combining and Order of Eating

Shop Now
    I made a thread about this before and I couldn't seem to get it to "work"/load.....anyway

Any experiecne with good food combining for proper digestion? or is it all hogwash?

Im afraid to take a bite of my steak unless ive finished my greens first now?
    Bullshi* or not?

6 Food Combining Rules for Optimal Digestion | True Activist

I was wondering even though it is not a "proper combination"
    if you were going to eat toast and eggs for breakfast... which one would be the faster one digested
    and thus the pne to eat first? Ive broken all my non paleo habits but I love
    a piece of toast with my eggs and I find it hard not to want to eat my toast the same time as eating my eggs...Ive always been a person who like to eat a little bit of each food at a time. (take a bite of eggs then a bite of toast etc) is this wrong for digestion? I was suffering with IBS but getting better.
    Last edited by Anopsmoves; 10-24-2015 at 06:29 AM.

if you have digestive issues than some of that article may apply, but for people with a healthy gut it's mostly hooey. people have been eating stir-fries, soups and stews for many, many thousands of years. nobody worried about not eating tubers or rice at the same time as the meat.

continue to work on your gut health and maybe seek out bread not made from wheat if you must have toast.

btw, any article talking about "live enzymes" in your food? red flag for woo. once harvested your vegetables and fruits are no longer "alive".
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

I would not eat cooked food or things you just have to swallow (ice cream) and fruits for dessert. They areeasier to digest and there will be "traffic jam" in your organs.
    My experience!!

Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    I would not eat cooked food or things you just have to swallow (ice cream) and fruits for dessert. They areeasier to digest and there will be "traffic jam" in your organs.
    My experience!!
    don't you have digestive issues with fruit anyway?

i have zero issues eating fruit for dessert.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    don't you have digestive issues with fruit anyway?

i have zero issues eating fruit for dessert.
    Yep. Sometimes an apple after dinner seems to work inside for the rest of the night.

Yes, eat all foods togeather works best AND tastes best.....tastes best for a reason. Think of primal stews with all ingredients in one pot. Awesome. Of course if you have IBS then you need to find and eliminate the root cause of that before you can enjoy normal digestion.

I was focusing more on the fact of say... If you are eating Steak,Potato and Broccoli..

Does anybody eat one food completely before moving on to the next one? Like eating all of your broccoli before eating your potato and then all your potato before your steak? I always take bites from all of the food randomly to switch up the taste.... and food /order of eating has me questioning things haha... I dont have IBS anymore just wondering if there is any reason to eat one food completely before eating the next one? Improved nutrient absorbtion? I was under the impression that everybody ate little bits of each food at a time.... Does that make sense?

End rant

people who eat all their broccoli and then all their potatoes have ocd. not ibs.

it's all winding up in your gut where digestion will sort things out. no need to overthink this.

Ernest Hemingway

Usually from what I learned is that start off with something light, like soup and salad. Eat your protein and veggies together, and starch by itself, and fats I believe can be consumed with protein or with veggies. If you eat fruit, that is to be eaten by itself, and if you have digestive issues, cook the fruit.

Throwing caution to the wind though and just combining everything I don't think will make a lick of difference unless your gorging day in and day out.

Shop Now
    So for a person with normal digestion there is no reason to eat your vegetables before your meat or meat before vegetables.. Etc?