Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do Bras Cause Breast Cancer? A Primal Question page 3

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    Firstly, correlation does not equal causation. Secondly, always ask what other variables may be affecting the results.
    +1

Although skin damage has occured with bra too tight / cutting in...
    Another suggested reason for increased breast cancer rates was aluminium in deoderant? No idea what happened to that idea though, but "aluminium free" is seen on some "natural" deoderants.

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    I've worn underwire-less bras for the better part of the last...5 or 6 years I think? I only have 1 underwire bra in my wardrobe right now in fact, and it doesn't get worn much. I'm not big-chested though, so I don't know what it's like to really need support, I just know that it's much more comfortable to go without or have a good non-underwire bra for "coverage".
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

shannon is offline Senior Member
    @northernmonkey girl: the alum. free is a much better alternative, but beware that there may be other chem. hiding in there and it's going right into your lymph system. why not use some gse or coconut oil to kill odor killing bacteria? much safer and cheaper! i've been smelling pretty sweet since goin' primal too;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member
    If research shows that tight underwear causes testicular cancer then we may have something here. I don't know, I haven't done the research but it is interesting. It has been shown to cause sperm loss, who knows? Bra's were not a part of our evolution and neither was restrictive underwear. Then again, correlation does not prove causation. We have to look at all factors.
    Last edited by BlazeKING; 07-20-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Paleo Man is offline Senior Member
    From time to time as years passed after "Dressed to Kill" was first published, I'd do Internet searches looking for any reports of studies or further research that might put the issue to rest one way or another.

I didn't find the research reports that I'd hoped for. But I did at one time find another hypothesis relating to causation by a PhD biochemist who theorized that breasts unconfined by bras had more movement, and that the movement tended to "pump" lymph and blood through vital breast tissue. Thus avoiding stagnation and ensuring good circulation of immune components. And now that we know, maybe circulation of essential vitamin D.

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    So, My mom just went through breast cancer. It was caught very early. LUCKY!

Anyhow, in her research, she found that some 90+% of tumors are located (started) at the side of the breast just next to the lymphs.

Now, I don't think that a bra could even remotely cause cancer. I think there is something inside the body going wrong. But it seems somewhat intuitive that if your lymphs are blocked somehow, (but wouldn't there be swelling? Because there IS swelling when the lymphs are removed.) then perhaps you are retaining whatever toxins in your body, instead of processing them, and kicking them out.

That said, When mom had her tumor removed, they did this nifty little trick. They placed a catheter at the site of the tumor. During surg. they pump in some dye that will show on cancerous locations (no idea how this actually works). So instead of doing the STANDARD total lymph removal, they only remove those that light up. All women should know this is doable. We shouldn't have parts of our bodies unnecessarily removed just to be safe!

Also, it seems that these tumors are tested and are often full of crap toxins. Chicken? Egg?

Hey Blaze... My DH had TC. And he doesn't wear tight undies. I hate those! Nor do the other guys we know (that have had TC)... But they ALL lived in some toxic environment at one time or another. Interestingly enough, He also had a wild case of epididymitis at the SAME TIME: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epididymitis. OUCH is all I can say. Which basically ended up cutting off blood flow. So, I would liken that to tight underwear to an extreme... no? And guess what? When they removed his testicle and tumor, the tumor was dying! (so was the testicle) but the loss of blood flow, they speculate, caused the tumor to not be able to feed. His doctor had never seen anything like it.

Now I can report with absolute certainty that mom had ZERO D registering on her blood tests, OR IRON. She's an indoor person ALL the time...

And DH is a chef. So he may as well work in a cave. He's also Native American. He's whiter than me, now that he works indoors (I'm nearly see through!), and I often speculate that his DNA has NOT adapted to the CW diet that he likes so much. His D has never been tested. But I got a feeling!

MGV
    MGV is offline Junior Member
    I read antiperspirants cause breast cancer because it plugs the pours, and that is not good for us. Whereas Deodorant just masks the smell just a bit without plugging and pours.

Honestly, I think if your pores were clogged with ANYTHING you'd be breaking out big time.

That said, I do avoid deodorants with chemicals now a days... 'cause I just don't know... and it's not really necessary.

Have found a stellar natural deodorant. It does NOT mask odor, it prevents it. The Crystal I use the pomegranate roll on. Smells awesome, and so do I! Does not prevent sweating. Which is fine... our bodies do what they must.
    Last edited by twinmama; 07-20-2010 at 10:20 PM.

MGV
    MGV is offline Junior Member
    UNDER FORUM RULES BTW it says: Don't post spam and advertisements of products or other websites

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Forum police... didn't mean to make finding anything easy... kinda weird that we can link all over the place though... gonna have to ask about that!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast