Thread: Lovaza page

mdlaw is offline Senior Member

Lovaza

Primal Fuel
    I just saw a commercial for this, but apparently it's been around for years? Lovaza is a patented prescription fish oil supplement. Does anyone know what exactly is different about it, other than it costing more and having better PR?

This sums up my thoughts nicely. http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/20...a-rip-off.html. It's amazing to me how much healthcare basically is a scam.
    Last edited by mdlaw; 07-19-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Asturian is offline Senior Member
    It's a move by big pharma to take over parts of the supplement market. Though resistance is futile, it is nonetheless honorable.
    “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I've seen the commercials. And yes, they are just trying to get their hands on something that actually works for once and make money from it and they say it's not the same as you can get in a health food store...blah, blah....well, atleast it's a step in the right direction and may actually HELP people for once.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why does fish oil need a drug-like name? It's the fucking oil from a fish. Call it what it is. FFS
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!