Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Binge eating

Binge eating

Shop Now
    Hi
    So I've noticed that I do great with my meals and food choices for a few days and then bam binges happen and I go completely off primal eating and gorge on sugar, bread, dairy etc

I don't want to do it but keep doing it! Anyone able to offer some guidance?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Binge eating is a problem that primal isn't going to cure IMO. A separate issue that you have to come to grips with on your own or seek help. In theory if you are eating primal you won't be hungry to keep on eating, but binge eaters can zoom right past that barrier.

Yeah you're probably right. Thanks

Did you binge before going primal? For me, low carb primal eating set off a horrible binging habit. These days I eat high carb low fat, as clean as I can but with treats when I want them and the binging has stopped. Easing up a bit and being less restrictive may help but as eats meets west says, there may be more going on. If it is a deeper issue (non diet related) the book 'brain over binge' may help.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Yeah it started with going strict with my eating. Actually started when I did an elimination diet 2 years ago.
    I'm going to try preparing all my meals in advance and so have only those to choose from and eat.

Good luck, I hope it works for you. However, IME being so rigid will only make it worse. Binges brought on by trying to control what you eat to that degree will do you far more damage than a mostly clean but imperfect diet without binges. Not sure what your goals are but your health (mental and physical) is more important than your weight or body image.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

You're so right. I guess I'm trying too hard to be perfect in my food choices! But it's probably a bad route for me!
    Will just do my best and if it doesn't work I'll seek help.

Last edited by gergirl; 10-11-2015 at 05:55 AM.

in another thread you posted this as a typical menu:

Yes trying to lose weight
    Current eating plan:
    - breakfast: 2 eggs with veg in coconut oil
    - lunch: fish around 4oz with a green salad and carrot
    - dinner: similar to lunch but with some starchy veg

If I snack it's on some berries
    and i replied:

unless your meals are swimming in oil, that menu sounds very low-cal. 2 eggs + 8 oz. of salmon is only about 1000 cals. if you're eating white fish, like flounder, your cals are a tiny fraction of that.

i know you want to lose weight, but for now focus on getting the candida under control and stop starving yourself.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 10-11-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Shop Now
    Thanks yeah I know I need to eat more but it's hard when I battling candida. I guess just have more meals throughout the day?