Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A fasting skeptic speaks... (A chapter of the nut-free saga) page 5

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I fast daily. Been doing it for a few months now. I feel much stronger and have leaned out more. Sooo convenient as well. Will eat this way for the rest of my life. It's like we were meant to eat this way.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    Sorry it isn't working for you. Those must be some massive meals every night! I don't think anyone claims it's magic. I think Brad at ESE and Martin and Leangains and a few others, even James Krieger's recent piece on insulin not being such a bad actor afterall, all make a very simple and convincing case for the science of IF. No magic needed. Energy balance is what it is though so someone could kick the science to the curb with large enough meals or other metabolic issues.
    Agree. James insulin series was enlightening and will likely draw some negative attention, but like I said, I thought it was great.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Quote Originally Posted by EGYnutrition View Post
    Agree. James insulin series was enlightening and will likely draw some negative attention, but like I said, I thought it was great.
    Very interesting.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    IF-ing absolutely raises testosterone levels, so it might be advisable for a lifter to do it, say, weekly on a rest day..

Also fine for a person on a cut. I love it, personally.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lojasmo View Post
    IF-ing absolutely raises testosterone levels, so it might be advisable for a lifter to do it, say, weekly on a rest day..

Also fine for a person on a cut. I love it, personally.
    Yep yep

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345