Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A fasting skeptic speaks... (A chapter of the nut-free saga) page 2

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    You make a good point, I probably wouldn't do much recovering if I had nothing for my body to use to recover with. I feel kind of stupid now.
    Tell me about it. I spent months lifting on an empty stomach and fasting everyday only to get nowhere. You can get way too caught up in this lifestyle sometimes.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    fasting everyday
    AKA... dying???

Quote Originally Posted by ikaika View Post
    AKA... dying???
    Almost.

I used to eat within a 2-6 hour window.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Bah... Fasting isn't a big deal. It helped me to lean out really well, get a grip on my hunger/eating patterns, and it didn't hurt my athletic performance (just made me less dependent on food for energy!) Lately I've stopped eating at around 3 or 4pm, and then won't eat until late morning the following day. I don't really plan it, it just seems to happen that way. Other times it'll be the complete reverse... I'll eat late in the afternoon and evening, and go throughout the day without hunger. And then some days I'm just chowin' down all freaking day. My consensus: If you are FORCING yourself to stop eating (fast), then it is prooobably not a healthy choice on your part and pretty unadvisable. Raphael, I think you had issues with fasting because you went a little too extreme with it, am I right?

Work with your body. Get in tune with your hunger... Recognize if you are TRULY hungry. Ask yourself, do I really need food or do I just really want to dig into that steak?

Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Raphael, I think you had issues with fasting because you went a little too extreme with it, am I right?
    Yeah, it even became somewhat an obsession. All that fitday tracking, eating during the right time, etc, ugh!

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm cool with that because I love eating and the amount of calories I eat means I get to enjoy quite a bit of it.... so I'm not going to shed any tears over not IF'ing =)

smokiesmik is offline Member
    Hi All -

From my understanding so far of IF - much reading done on Whole Health Source: http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/
    it is helpful for a couple of things specifically.

#1 - If one is trying to lose significant weight it is the only thing found (according to Stephan at WHS) that can actually change the fat set point. He provides a 3 part series on this specifically.

#2 - Healing insulin resistance - which I have struggled with and what brought me to PB through Stephan actually. IF completely gives the pancreas a rest.

I did my first fast last week. I plan to do 2 a week as soon as I can figure out which days offsetting my strength training days...

Oddly (or not), It just feels intuitively cleansing to me. And this goes against conventional wisdom about IR and having to eat every 3 hours to avoid a blood sugar issue. I feel relieved I have this option because eating 5-6 x a day was like eating lima beans!! Horrible!

See here: http://integrallifedesign.com/2010/0...ld-be-illegal/

I'll report back on how it goes for me and will love to also hear all about your experience(s).

Bye for now...
    Sheila

http://integrallifedesign.com/
    sheila@integrallifedesign.com

The Good ~ The True ~ The Beautiful

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    IF works better for some more than others. I LOVE it, i feel increased energy and strength gains when lifting. As long as your consuming enough calories and your body doesnt hate it.

In response to the first post, 18 hour fast is pretty good, if you made it that far without food you can always incorporate 16 hour fasts with 8 hour feeding windows, and dude becareful, nuts are freaking delicious, but they are calorie bombs of doom. A handful is like impossible for everyone i know, and the omega 3:6 ratio is a ll effed up, if your into that sort of thing.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    lately ive been doing a daily 16-18 hr fast and eating 2 big meals plus a snack or two. I love it. My body responds well to having a period of time to rest the digestive system and then I get to eat huge meals, which I am very fond of. I like feeling stuffed and I like feeling empty. This way i get both daily.

note: i dont go crazy with it, if i want to eat outside of the window I will, but thats usually how it works out

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, being empty and being full. I love putting away a huge meal, because hunger is the best spice. =)
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast