Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am cutting out Nuts page

efficiency is offline Member

Lightbulb I am cutting out Nuts

Primal Fuel
    Hi there,

i am cutting out nuts because of this: http://www.curetoothdecay.com/Tooth_...ooth_decay.htm
    -> nuts, grains, legumes have phytic acid in it which is bad, nuts have anti-nutrients

Here another post about it:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...347#post115347

I only care about health, and this article suggests that it's more healthy to eat no nuts, so i am cutting them out.

But i am posting it here because i am interested in some opinions.

greeets! mike

jpatton624 is offline Member
    Great post mike, also nuts have ridiculous amounts of omega 6 (except chia and macadamia). That first link is very interesting, I skimmed it but will email to myself to read in more detail later.

Acmebike is offline Member
    And overwhelming abundance, lack of seasonal limitations, ease (pre-shelled) of consumption here in modern times can make for an artificially high intake. Total elimination is NOT going to eliminate any single nutrient (you could get it elsewhere). But having the rare small handful of nuts won't kill ya, either. That said, I've run total elimination of nuts for a while now after an almond binge disagreed with my GI tract.

shannon is offline Senior Member
    good for you. they're overrated (not here though). all those anti-nutrients are a pain in the butt to reduce. notice i said reduce. you'll never eliminate them completely by soaking/roasting. you'll have an easier time getting a good amt. of omega 3 without 'em too!

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    In this idea, is Flax seeds and Chia still a good omega3 source?

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat a shit ton of them, but I've been backing off too. Kind of a treat almost now for me.

I went to see Inception last night (GREAT movie, by the way) and took in a small bag of almonds to munch on. Great food compared to the alternatives at the concession!

shannon is offline Senior Member
    yes, but they also contain anti-nutrients. your body has an easier time getting/absorbing omega 3 from animal sources.

reamz is offline Senior Member
    Yeah i gave up nuts a while ago pretty much for the same reason..
    It confuses me when people make "primal" bread or cakes and stuff using almond or other nut flour thinkin its healthier...Personally if im gonna treat myself i'd probably make a cake/bread out of gluten free rice flour or something...some carbs now and then wont hurt, plus i'd be avoiding the rancid fats, omega 6 and anti-nutrients in something made from nut flour.

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    I gave up nuts some time ago too; for various reasons. If you ever miss that crunchy nutty texture, coconut chips are a gift from the flying spaghetti squash monster.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Selah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
    I gave up nuts some time ago too; for various reasons. If you ever miss that crunchy nutty texture, coconut chips are a gift from the flying spaghetti squash monster.
    How do you make coconut chips?
    I suppose I need to stop eating nuts too. They are defianlty a trigger food for me. Dang, I just love them so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast