Thread: Cod liver oil and omega 3 question page

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member

Cod liver oil and omega 3 question

How much omega 3 is in cod liver oil? If i can take the taste, would it be a better source than capsules? How much would you recommend each day?
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

dacec is offline Senior Member
    I think CLO is not recommended as your source for O3s because of the high A content. I am sure someone will
    come along and explain better than I can.

We do Carlsons fish oil capsules.

I see, but maybe the positives out weigh the negatives. I mean, it's cheap and it has lots of vitamin D. As long as i dont OD on it, il be fine? Hm. Thanks for your input =)
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

shannon is offline Senior Member
    since it's summertime, i recommend taking regular fish oil. cod liver is best taken in the fall/winter months when there is less sun light. (clo is loaded with vit d). i just take 1tsp. daily. i also eat plenty of salmon, tuna, sardines. definitely take the liquid;-)

How much omega 3 is in a teaspoon?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrappler View Post
    How much omega 3 is in a teaspoon?
    my fish oil that i use now has 1725 mg. per teaspoon. different brands different total omega 3.
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Nice. Do they usually tell you on the label?

yes. look for total omega 3
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-Cod-Liver-Oil

Hey Grappler,

Every cod liver oil brand and every fish oil brand is different; amounts will be label listed.

I choose not to use Cod Liver Oil because i prefer to maintain my A to D ratios at 1 to 6 and I prefer to get as much DHA/EPA as possible per gram of oil and I prefer fish oils higher in DHA (as it occurs in nature).

My supps can be found (iherb.com linked) below in my sig.

I use Now DHA-500 (500 mg dha/250 mg epa per gram...this is an incredible ratio) - taking enough to offset my Ω6 intake at a 1:1 ratio

Nature's Answer D3 drops (2000 IU D3 per drop......not everyone needs this in the summer....see my link below)
    a little vitamin A - about 10,000 IU every 10 days

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order