Thread: Fish Oil Allergy

Question Fish Oil Allergy

Shop Now
    I eat various types of fish with no reaction, but I sometimes have an allergic reaction to fish oil. Should I just buy a better quality fish oil or is there something else causing the reactions? Thoughts?

I think you should skip the fish oil entirely

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyb View Post
    I eat various types of fish with no reaction, but I sometimes have an allergic reaction to fish oil. Should I just buy a better quality fish oil or is there something else causing the reactions? Thoughts?
    I suggest you drop the fish oil supplements and increase your oily fish intake. Iodine, in natural cold water fish, protects the EPA/DHA omega 3s from oxidation whereas supplemental fish oil is sensitive to oxidation.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Drop the supplements and eat the fish. I don't know what you like, but I focus on frozen/fresh wild salmon and canned sardines and smoked oysters.

another vote to just eat the fish.

garbage in, garbage out -- skip the supp.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Thanks everyone. I love salmon but can't always afford the fresh stuff. Thoughts on the best canned or frozen salmon brands for a reasonable price?

Shop Now
    canned salmon is a staple for me. i just buy wild-caught from trader joe's.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway