Thread: Nerdy Hippie

Talking Nerdy Hippie

Shop Now
    Hi. My name is Stephanie. I'm 27 years old and determined now more than ever that I need to make a change. I want to live my life to the fullest.

I was first introduced to MDA in 2010; it seemed like the change I needed. It lasted for a while, and then I got pregnant and I went back to my old ways of the SAD diet. Fast forward to today, two babies later and a heavier weight.

I'm overweight (according to BMI, obese). My allergies are bothering me every few weeks. I'm exhausted, tired, and have a general lack of energy a great deal of the time. Health problems on both sides of the family. I don't want to be overweight anymore. I don't want to have to worry about diabetes, heart problems, or high blood pressure like older members of my family.

This brings me to today, day 1 of the 21-day transformation. The 21-day challenge starts now, for me.

All my family members have the health problems you listed, it was what inspired me to start eating primal. I was about 20 pounds overweight and I knew if I continued on that trajectory I'd end up the same way as my siblings.

It's great that you are starting eating this way at your age, I think I would have had much better overall health if I'd started at your age. I didn't find primal until I was a good 20 years older than you!

If you haven't already done it I recommend making a big batch of bone broth and having it throughout the day.
    We like to flavor ours with a generous amount of sea salt and lemon or lime.

Congratulations on taking charge of your health!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Thank you! How do you prepare your bone broth?

Day 3

Here we are... starting day 3!

I really wish we could do a pantry purge. But like many, we're not in the financial position to do so. I think it's a matter of preparing things the best we can, and spreading out those SAD food items. I wish we didn't have to, this is how it is, though.

Day 1 - I didn't do as well as I'd hoped.
    Day 2 - I did slightly better.
    Day 3 - Starting off great!

My allergies are horrible right now, the only thing I want to do is curl up with some hot tea and soup and binge watch some Firefly or Doctor Who.

Coffee with a little almond milk for breakfast (6am).
    Snacked on some bacon (8:30am).
    Dressed for the day. Daughters dressed for the day.

I will update later.
    Last edited by mrscrazykneese; 09-30-2015 at 07:35 AM.

I make bone broth in a pressure cooker. For beef bones I cook it for 3 hrs and chicken for 1 hr. So much faster than regular stovetop: beef 48hrs, chicken 24 hrs.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Day 6

I feel like every day I need to start over. I need a complete reset. I'm reading for a camping trip soon where I can connect and unplug. Maybe that's what I need.

October 8th - Day 1.... Again

Every day is the chance to start again. Right? I can make today a better one than the ones before. I've been lazy. Part of me wants to blame my allergies. Part of me knows my laziness is the cause of the allergies.

I can make today better. I can be better. I need to be the best me possible.

Part of me wishes for a quick fix. I know better. Something you may not know about me, I struggle with an eating disorder. It started when I was in high school, and it's something I've learned to live with.

Binging and purging. I had an addiction to diet pills. This is why I don't do pills. Even my vitamins (when I remember to take them) are gummy vitamins. I have a gag reflex when it comes to pills. This is My Story if you want to read it.

For now, I take this one day at a time. Today will be day 1 again. Tomorrow, will be day 1 again if necessary.

Shop Now
    You would think by now I would be tired of feeling sick and make the change. The holidays were not nice to me. I feel sluggish and my allergies are acting ridiculous. Every day is a new day, a time to start over.