Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Going mad, want to kill parents page 2

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey

I'd go with trying to show your folks that you ARE eating plenty, even if you phrase it like "I want lots of veggies and sweet potatoes so I can work out / bulk up at the gym. Maybe that will sit better with them than the perception of gym = weightloss. And then enjoy those healthy, natural carbs.

I'm a little concerned that you're concerned about fat burning whilst saying you're underweight...

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Buy your own food? Move out?

Im only on holiday with them. Im usually in control, which is why its extremely frustrating.
    What I meant Re: fat burning weas that the energy that your body primarily burns is fat, if you eat fat, or carbs if you eat carbs, and given that id gone through the transition to higher fat and low carb with the low carb flu symptoms I didnt want to undo that and have to go through the adaptation phase again. Burning fat for fuel would then leave the protein for building muscle.
    I hate the way that certain responses to my question 1) labelled me 2) assumed a lot about me 3) addressed a sensitive subject (eating disorders) as something to make a person feel worthless about, rather than approaching such a subject with at least a hint of sensitivity.
    Maybe in the future these people should get a little more information before making such unhelpful and hurtful comments.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    No one is offended against their will.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Sir-
    Most of these comments were made based on your writing and were made only in your best interests. I saw nothing derogatory, nothing about shame or worthlessness, merely a bunch of people trying to help. Please do not take offense at people just trying to make sure you weren't going off the Primal path in a most disastrous manner.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    I say stop vacationing with you parents. Even if they are paying for it, what type of relaxing is that. Next time stay home & enjoy yourself. Stress is not helpful.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Butterfly Boy View Post
    I hate the way that certain responses to my question 1) labelled me 2) assumed a lot about me 3) addressed a sensitive subject (eating disorders) as something to make a person feel worthless about, rather than approaching such a subject with at least a hint of sensitivity.
    Maybe in the future these people should get a little more information before making such unhelpful and hurtful comments.
    when did the world become so friggin PC that people cant express their concerns. If you dont want to hear the answers, dont ask the bloody questions.
    *goes off in a huff at the world*

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    when did the world become so friggin PC that people cant express their concerns.
    Fuckin' A.

Beauty is offline Senior Member
    If you are an adult, your parents can't force you to do anything. When I'm at my parent's place, I buy my own food and prepare it myself and share whatever they want of it. I suggest you do the same, and don't make a big deal about it. If they are worried about you being underweight, you should buy and eat extra bacon and eat at least 4 eggs for breakfast, just so they know you are not starving yourself! Good luck!

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    No one is offended against their will.
    Not to quibble, but........ this is nonsense.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast