Thread: At last GUILT FREE eating

Smile At last GUILT FREE eating

Shop Now
    Last two days I've done really well on the Primal eating front, kept within my set limits for carbs and had both protien and fat, (I love the way I'm eating fat after years of low fat and spraylight)

Realised last evening as I tucked into my evening meal that part of my enjoyment wasn't just taste, but the fact that I was TOTALLY GUILT FREE for the first time ever. The food was good, it was nutritious and it wasn't going to put weight on...yaay!!
    My present is a result of my past choices, making the right choices today will create my future

Congrats, countrygirl! No guilt = less stress = less cortisol = less fat storage, too
    Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread114086.html

"Live in such a way that when others speak evil of you, none will believe it."

Yep, it's amazing alright.

At first I actually felt really cross that for 20 years (!!!) I had tried so hard to eat healthy only to find out the advice was all wrong. I felt dumb too, how long did I think it was going to take before I got better results?

But then it wasn't worth wasting my good energy on anger or guilt or feeling dumb so I got over it. It is exasperating though
    to see other people take the same path and not making the connections. But SEP (someone else's problem).

Unhappy First weigh in 28 days...disappointing!

Yes...it's great to enjoy my food even though cooked in fat and be guilt free!!
    However, I've finally allowed myself back on the scales after 28 days...and I've lost the grand total of 1lb It could have been worse I could have gained weight!! I've allowed myself to eat fruit in the form of berries and I did have a lovely birthday meal. All my clothes are looser and I'm enjoying my food definitely more relaxed around food which was my main goal.
    BUT I want to lose at least another 14lbs So I've downloaded Mark's ebook about weight loss. Things I'm going to change, I'm going to eat breakfast Mark suggests that women don't do as well with IF. So breakfast it is, this also means that I've automatically upped the protein. Today using MFP I've worked out my daily intake.
    carbs:38
    protein:112
    fat:122
    The only problem is that this puts my calories at:1,724
    It's all very experimental at the moment but I'll stick to low carb and weigh in again next week!! Hoping for success:
    My present is a result of my past choices, making the right choices today will create my future

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Yep, it's amazing alright.

At first I actually felt really cross that for 20 years (!!!) I had tried so hard to eat healthy only to find out the advice was all wrong. I felt dumb too, how long did I think it was going to take before I got better results?

But then it wasn't worth wasting my good energy on anger or guilt or feeling dumb so I got over it. It is exasperating though
    to see other people take the same path and not making the connections. But SEP (someone else's problem).
    I understand the frustration, for me it's particularly in relation to my husband whose health I've seen deterioate over the last 15+years with diabetes related illnesses. I was the one feeding & making decisions about his food based on UK NHS guidelines (probably nearly killed him!) But life is too short to brood on it! I just thank God we found a new way of eating and now...well every day is a gift!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigs View Post
    Congrats, countrygirl! No guilt = less stress = less cortisol = less fat storage, too
    Thanks for the encouragement, I still haven't got my head around the relationship between stress and fat storage, but I believe it!

Angry Keeping on track, but concerned about the calories

Yesterday, upped fish intake.

Breakfast: smoked haddock, poached egg, coffee with double cream.
    Lunch: smoked salmon, cream cheese, walnuts, coffee with double cream
    Dinner: went out for dinner by accident rather than design. We had been over to Manchester to see on of my grandsons as it was his birthday and on the way home we were really hungry so stopped off at a favourite country inn of ours. The Lamb inn Chinley

the-lamb-inn.jpg

I had: Lamb Henry,plus veggies kale and carrots (creamy mashed potatoes which I left on the plate so pretty smug about this!)
    cheese board with celery and grapes 2 crackers but lots of butter) small glass of red wine and a miniscule after dinner mint chocolate. Really enjoyed it and felt really relaxed. Slept well(probably due to the wine)
    Calories for this day were about 1400 so not bad.
    My main concern re calories is how quickly they shoot up when cooking with butter/coconut oil

Shop Now
    nice 1 I usually use frylight sunflower oil 1 cal spray and spray that about 10 times while cooking chicken or frying eggs