Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SheGlowsPale's Journal page 3

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    take some extra vit c to help with the detox. should help the anxiety monster too;-)
    I've been taking vit c daily for years however, I'm really ignorant with supplements...what dosage do you recommend daily?
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

shannon is offline Senior Member
    i would just eat foods loaded with vit c like bell peppers,broccoli etc. you could try taking a few hundred mg. per day. take the buffered if you have a sensitive tummy;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
    Hey, you are like my weight loss twin haha...155-165lb has been the bane of my existence for 3 years. This is the first time I broke through that 155lbs mark..you can do it too! keep PB-ing!
    That is exactly me, and were both red heads too, ha ha. Though I am way older than you. Way to go breaking 155!!! . I actually got down to 152 earlier this year and I have no idea how I got back up gto 165. Dang.

Thanks for the resistance band info for pullups. I should know this, but I didn't. I will have to put my bar up and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    i would just eat foods loaded with vit c like bell peppers,broccoli etc. you could try taking a few hundred mg. per day. take the buffered if you have a sensitive tummy;-)
    Thanks! Ive been taking 500g-1000g a day for about the last year..i'll stick with it and try to get more vit c foods in there as well!
    Last edited by SheGlowsPale; 07-21-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
    That is exactly me, and were both red heads too, ha ha. Though I am way older than you. Way to go breaking 155!!! . I actually got down to 152 earlier this year and I have no idea how I got back up gto 165. Dang.

Thanks for the resistance band info for pullups. I should know this, but I didn't. I will have to put my bar up and give it a try.
    Yay more twins! haha I can't wait to be 150lbs..I know its not about a destination or a scale weight but I still can't wait to see that number. I only found out about the resistance band pull up method from someone on this forum like 2 months ago..I thought I as doomed to do assisted pull-ups with a chair forever (I hate the chair method, its uncomfortable for me)

What type of dog is that?? shepard?

I feel so officially Primal...I bought Kerrygold butter last night for the first time!

Today was pretty uneventful. My day off - went to the park at like 5am with Ronin (the doggie)...did some leisurely sprinting and tug of war with him...then took him for a half hour walk. Came home, fell back to sleep until 11am. Mopped my floors..good lord they were disgusting (like hands and knees type mopping..I think that counts for exercise as well.). Watched Persons Unknown on Hulu (this show started off kinda ok, now it's retarded.) Still battling a sore throat and slight headache but trying to take it like a champ.

I have decided to not weigh myself until August 1st. I had a every every bad weekend 2 weekends ago and I just can't face the scale..it's probably better I don't...I went right back to my PB routine that monday but still I think I just need to forget about the scale numbers right now and just focus on eating right and working out.

Today:
    1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
    B - 1 egg scrambled w/ 1 tablespoon of kerry gold butter - I wasn't even hungry I just really couldn't resist trying it. It was just as heavenly as everyone says - it tasted really...um...real and fresh. glorious.
    L - no lunch
    D - It was sort of a plethra of cold style goodness - a BAS w/ EVOO, some canned tuna w/ avocado mixed in (as an alternative to mayo - thanks to Chaohinon for the idea) and 2 hard boiled eggs. It was delicious.
    S - 3 cups of coffee with HC (I think I need to switch over to decaf...I'm one of those people that drinks coffee for the taste, no other reason..I'm probably never giving it up, so I think the added caffeine is pointless for me.)

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
    Half an hour walk in the park this morning...I may do a 4 miler later tonight. Yes, I will do a 4 miler

3. Lift heavy things.
    My chest and tris are super sore from yesterdays workout, so a big no on the lifting heavy today.

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
    Tabata sprints probably tomorrow or the next day..not today.

5. Get lots of sleep.
    8 hours

6. Play.
    leisurely sprinting/tug of war with the doggie at the park..it's always play time when you have a border collie

7. Get some sunlight every day.
    Laid in the sun for 20 minutes early this morning. I'm just not in the mood for it lately.

8. Avoid trauma.
    Always!

9. Avoid poisonous things.
    Day 10 of no poison.

10. Use your mind.
    Today I decided to turn my brain off for a while. Its been non stop the last few days.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
    Wow, that was really long introduction..no one is probably even going to read it.
    I read it.

What a transformation. You have so much to be proud of.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Selah is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, SheGlows...........are you are glowing with success.....kudos to you for 10 days now? You may want to take some NAC (500 mg. daily) to help with the detox issues and a complex B for your withdrawels.
    Glad to see your journal, it will encourage me to make one soon.
    Have you thought about taking your measurments instead of getting on the scale? It has helped me a lot.I do it once a month, but I admit that I do get on the scale every week not since I am so new to this way of eating. You are such an inspiration! Keep it up girl....

Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    I read it.

What a transformation. You have so much to be proud of.
    Thank you! Its been a long road but yea, I'm pretty proud I'ts amazing what you have overcome as well..and your knowledge is overwhelming!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Yeah, SheGlows...........are you are glowing with success.....kudos to you for 10 days now? You may want to take some NAC (500 mg. daily) to help with the detox issues and a complex B for your withdrawels.
    Glad to see your journal, it will encourage me to make one soon.
    Have you thought about taking your measurments instead of getting on the scale? It has helped me a lot.I do it once a month, but I admit that I do get on the scale every week not since I am so new to this way of eating. You are such an inspiration! Keep it up girl....
    Im starting to feel a little better again, thank you for your suggestions! I'm gonna go vit shopping this weekend!

I used to take my measurements all the time..I should probably start doing that again instead..thanks for the reminder...I think I'll do that tomorrow and keep a record of that weekly instead of the scale.

I love reading peoples journals, you should definitely make one!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast