Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SheGlowsPale's Journal page 2

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Congratulations for giving up smoking!!! I didn't know. That is awesome. The absolute best thing you can do for your health, even above giving up grains. And major respect for giving up splenda. I really have to work on that. I've reduced so much AS in my life but it's not all out.

I can't wait to see the progress photos. I'm counting on them for inspiration! And I can't wait until you back to the old forums and tell them how great you've done without oatmeal. The problem with people who follow conventional wisdom is that they won't believe that this is healthy until they die before you. And then it's too late. Plus, if you die by being hit by a car, they'll still say it's because you cut out grains.

I'm so with you on the quinoa. I spent three weeks in Peru (love, love, love) and everyone constantly talks to you about how amazing quinoa is (three favorite topics of conversation are have you tried our quinoa/potatoes/coca leaves?) and I'm sorry, it just isn't. I got rid of all of mine when I started PB, because if I ever fall off the no-grain wagon, I'm only going to eat grains that actually taste good. I hope I won't fall off this wagon though.

Did my first tabata workout today. What a killer. Squats with overhead press and shovelglove were fine, but I only made it through two minutes of girly pushups! I almost did full pushups...don't think I would have made it through a minute.
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    bravo on the no smoking! congrats on the progress also. your pics are amazing! hard to believe those were you. stay active if you want to give up ciggs for good. i replaced the gym with smokes almost 2 yrs. ago, never looked back. good luck sweetie;-)
    Thanks! Its crazy..sometimes Ill bump into someone I was really good friends with like 5-6 years ago and they won't recognize me at all and I'll think to myself "am I that forgettable??" until finally they are like "OH MY GOD"..its a really good feeling. I think it has something to do with having such a heavy face when I was big...some heavier people with thin/normal faces that lose weight while yes they look overall better its not quite a shocking difference then the ones with heavier faces...changes their entire facial features etc. I absolutely love having facial features haha.

Yes, I've definitely replaced my smoking with trying to be active..I actually havent had terrible mood swings at all...just every few hours I'll start to feel the anxiety monster creeping up. I won't go into a full blown anxiety attack but it will feel like the beginning of one...so I just try and get up and walk around or dance around (lol, im a dork.)...it truly helps!
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Quote Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
    Congratulations for giving up smoking!!! I didn't know. That is awesome. The absolute best thing you can do for your health, even above giving up grains. And major respect for giving up splenda. I really have to work on that. I've reduced so much AS in my life but it's not all out.

I can't wait to see the progress photos. I'm counting on them for inspiration! And I can't wait until you back to the old forums and tell them how great you've done without oatmeal. The problem with people who follow conventional wisdom is that they won't believe that this is healthy until they die before you. And then it's too late. Plus, if you die by being hit by a car, they'll still say it's because you cut out grains.

I'm so with you on the quinoa. I spent three weeks in Peru (love, love, love) and everyone constantly talks to you about how amazing quinoa is (three favorite topics of conversation are have you tried our quinoa/potatoes/coca leaves?) and I'm sorry, it just isn't. I got rid of all of mine when I started PB, because if I ever fall off the no-grain wagon, I'm only going to eat grains that actually taste good. I hope I won't fall off this wagon though.

Did my first tabata workout today. What a killer. Squats with overhead press and shovelglove were fine, but I only made it through two minutes of girly pushups! I almost did full pushups...don't think I would have made it through a minute.
    It's been a little easier then I thought...maybe it hasn't completely sunken in yet that Ive actually quit haha. Other then slight anxiety creep ups I've been pretty ok. Seriously I havent gone more then 24 without a cigarette in 12 years. (i'm not even sure if Ive ever gone that long even really)..I was a SMOKER. But in the last year things started to change mentally for me..I was starting to be come slightly embarressed by it if I was around non-smokers I'd hide the fact that I smoked etc etc which I never did before...it just made me realize it wasn't the same anymore, I didn't want to do it anymore.

I never thought of myself as a cold turkey type of person, but ya know it seems to be the only thing that works for me. grains, smoking, splenda lol...if I just lower the intake i always end up eating/smoking too much of them again...I've realized if I suck it up and completely stop thats the easiest way for me to really quit anything. I have been putting like half a teaspoon of raw honey in my coffee but I want to quit that too..the amount of sugar in honey is ridiculous even if it is only a half a teaspoon and its raw/natural..still annoys me haha.

I will definitely take progress pics soon...I just absolutely hate full body photos..Sometimes I'm so confident but I do have insane amount of body issues I'm still learning to deal with. Yea, I'm pretty sure even if I showed the other forums my results they would still be like "thats unhealthy, you are going to gain in all back blah blah blah" I don't care...sometimes just for spite (and I'm actually not a spiteful person at all haha) I like go into the forums now just to read what their daily food has been...like 1/4 c of oatmeal, 1 piece of turkey and a cracker. lol. it makes me giggle. And MY diet is unrealistic? Just stop it.

And about cheating - EXACTLY! I had some whole wheat pasta in my closet that I decided to hang on to just in case I needed some grains one day..but then I thought about it and was like...seriously if I'm gonna cheat I'm going to my favorite italian restuarant and having a REAL pasta. Why would I cheat with this crap? I finally got rid of it.

Tabata sprints, shovelglove, squats/presses, and pushups?? Good for you! Two minutes? I'm not even sure I can do that - I've never counted minutes though..with no break? Maybe i'll time myself next time..I can basically do 20 push-ups on my feet before I collapse to my knees lol...upper body has ALWAYS been my weakness but I am finally getting a little stronger there too. I swear I'm throwing a huge party which you are all invited to when I can finally do a full pull-up by myself.
    Last edited by SheGlowsPale; 07-20-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Wow you are doing really terrific! Extra kudos for the smoking. I quit smoking many years ago and know how hard it can be. Congratulations.

We are the same height and our start weights are just about the same. You give me inspiration. I have been bouncing between 155 - 165 for years now and I want to break the cycle. I look forward to seeing your photo's, it will give me something to aim for . I am going to post some myself as soon as I get new software and if I am brave enough.

How are you training for that pullups? I want to have a party too

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    P.S. - I like to journal format too. Mind if I borrow it?

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
    . I feel fucking amazing.

This is a good sign.

Ahhh. 9th day without a cigarette. My lungs have been going haywire ever since I quit...which I know is normal. The coughing, the sore throat, the stuffed up nose, the slight headaches, etc. I know its not a cold because I just got over one about 2 weeks ago...I know its the aftermath of quitting and my lungs trying to heal themselves and purge the 12 years of poison...and while I hate "cold symptoms" this is really the best thing thats ever happened to me.
    You can show me a photo of a black lung 100x a day, it won't phase me...hell, half my family has died of cancer (smokers.) and it didn't phase me...but when *I* spend a full week coughing up DISGUSTING things THIS phases me. Its true that you never really think about things until it happens to you. I'm not stupid..well, maybe im stupid for smoking for 12 years..let me rephrase that - I'm not ignorant - i know what smoking does, i know it kills you..but until you really see what its done to YOUR insides (not the guy next door, or even your family member - YOU) it doesnt really set in what you've done to yourself. If I ever pick up another cigarette THIS is what I'm going to think about...the shit that I spit out this week. I know I know, TMI but just the fucking truth. Just horrifying.

I would love to be the kind of anomaly that quits smoking and continues to lose weight but I'm not sure that will happen. I am striving for it though.

Today:
    1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
    B - 3 eggs scrambled and 4 left over really thin strips of steak
    L - no lunch
    D - 1 pork chop and a small salad with olive oil as dressing.
    S - None yet but I will probably make some kale chips later.
    2 cups of coffee with HC.

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
    8+ hours of fast paced retail.

3. Lift heavy things.
    I did P90X Shoulders/Chest today - mostly lifting heavy for shoulder work and a shit ton of push ups - good lord there are a lot of push ups in this workout. It still makes me wanna do dirty things to Tony Horton when he does those airborne ones. fuck.

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
    I did that two days ago...I still have a few days until I'm do another sprinting session

5. Get lots of sleep.
    yea, about 7-8 hours.

6. Play.
    I did some leisurely sprinting with the doggie at the park today...we always have fun!

7. Get some sunlight every day.
    meh, not today...I'm really over this heat right now..I'm alittle worried how hot august is going to be

8. Avoid trauma.
    Always!

9. Avoid poisonous things.
    Day 9 of no poison.

10. Use your mind.
    I learned how to actually spell anomaly..I always thought it was amonoly. thank you google.
    Last edited by SheGlowsPale; 07-20-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    This is a good sign.
    True dat.

Hey, you are like my weight loss twin haha...155-165lb has been the bane of my existence for 3 years. This is the first time I broke through that 155lbs mark..you can do it too! keep PB-ing!

Definitely post photos! I love seeing them..I think more people should!!

Well, right now I use the jumping with the negative down (jump up into it and slowly lower) however, I'm going to buy a resistance band and try that method (wrap the band around the bar and put one leg through it to hold some of your weight while you pull up) because more people seem to have better progress them the jumping method. I can't wait for that day to come lol

And yes you can, I think a few people use the format I do...Cillakat is the one I noticed using it so I stole it from her

shannon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    take some extra vit c to help with the detox. should help the anxiety monster too;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast