Thread: The first few weeks and transition period page

Grokalicious is online now Senior Member

The first few weeks and transition period

Shop Now
    It's been about a week of this lifestyle and so far I love it. I have been 100% with eating and mostly on track with primal fitness (daily walks, 3 resistance workouts, 1 sprint workout (HIIT for 10 minutes). Have lost over 5 lbs (yes, I know it's mostly water weight), and have felt mostly amazing!

I've always worked out with weights but also had an addiction to high intensity/long duration cardio (like spin). My diet was moderate fat, moderate protein but lots of rice and non-processed but still starchy carbs (think 200-250 grams a day). I'm hoping that this lifestyle will help with my adrenal fatigue and believe that dialing down my workouts has already helped immensely.

I have had a lot of brain fog today as well as a lot of nausea and some intense stomach cramps after eating some coconut milk (just a tablespoon and something I've enjoyed in the past). I actually was so full from the coconut milk that I couldn't finish my dinner and now have a headache. Just wondering how long this transition period usually takes. I know it's different for everyone but it would be nice to have some sort of an idea how long to grit my teeth. I've had great energy and no fatigue up until today (nothing intense workout-wise yesterday or today) but today found me zapped and ready for a nap!

Your input is welcome. I've been avidly reading the forum (pages and pages back) as well as re-reading the book.

Wendy

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    I am just starting primal, but have been eating low carb for a while. The fog for me only lasts a few days, usually about 3 days after clean eating. I have gotten that nausiated full feeling from eating too few carbs before too. Have you been eating really really low carbs? If so that might be it. Hang in there it will pass quickly.

Yeh, come to think of it I have been at about 25-35 yesterday and today so that makes sense. I actually didn't have brain fog until today but maybe that's on the heels of uber low carbs. I am hanging on this time. I tried this WOE/lifestyle for about 4 days in February but quit because of the fog and fatigue. Am seeing it through this time!

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    It really won't be long and it will be so worth it . Good luck.

Thanks!!