Thread: I'm back, a lot going on, need help staying on track, and

I'm back, a lot going on, need help staying on track, and

Shop Now
    ...knowing what that track is!!

Hi! Mostly a lurker, it's been a while since I've posted. And I suppose it's more of a call for help than an introduction

But I'm here, and need support, guidance, whatever, etc. In terms of my life of fitness, I have a bunch of variables going on at once (stay with me please! ), so I need to figure some things out.

I am totally that ďthin person trapped in a fat bodyĒ, I love playing sports (before baby, I played hockey, ran, swam, practiced martial arts, took some lessons at an aerial gym), doing the kinds of things you need a fit body for. HOWEVER, Iíve got a nasty sugar addiction that results in binge eating on occasion, and Iíve been quite overweight most of my life. I managed to get to a healthy weight on a low carb low fat ketogenic plan, so I know that works for me. But I canít say it was healthy, lots of fake foods and artificial sweeteners, etc. I have done a Whole 30 before, not worrying about macros, just sticking to healthy real food, and saw improvements in how I look and feel, and I believe in the Primal/Paleo philosophies, but I often get stuck falling back on fake foods and sometimes junk for convenience sake. Itís probably pretty bipolar eating, because when Iím eating ďhealthyĒ, itís the sorts of things you guys talk about on here, whole foods, proteins, healthy fats, etc., but as Iím writing this Iím feeling gross because I just downed like 3-4 Zone bars, even though I had a healthy primal style lunch (green salad, sardines, avocado, green apple, olive oil/apple cider vinegar based vinaigrette). --Step one, I gotta keep the junk out of my deskó

NOW for the variables!! One, as always, I want to finally lose the damn weight, Iím starting to feel older (ok, 35, not SO old. Iím 5í7Ē, and if I had to guess, 215lb, but Iíve been too scared to get on the scale after being in the 150s only a couple years agoÖ), and itís not helping me do the activities I want to do, and run around after my one-year old (I want to be an active involved momma!) Two, my current activity is Judo, and I want to get fitter for that, slimmer, stronger, the whole bit. Itís basically the first active thing Iíve gotten back into since baby was born, and I love it, want to keep pursuing it. Three, we are trying to conceive a second child (if it hasnít happened already!) so I canít/donít want to do anything too extreme that could hurt a growing baby. (And, of course, that will put the Judo dreams on hold for a while once that happens!)

So I feel yucky, fat, and stuck between a rock and a hard place on how to sort things out. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I would appreciate any thoughts/support/suggestions, etc.

Hi! I just started four months ago, I was so weak IM just now forming an exercise plan. I found eating till I'm full has helped me this go round, have done low carb with processed foods and I could not stick with it. To many hidden sugars. Your lunch sounds on the skimpy side, maybe add a meat to it. You want to feel full. I found as long as I did not consume sugars,grains,beans,legumes, any processed foods my cravings went away and I no longer wanted to binge. I snack on Apple's and cheese until I can get to my food stash at lunch, or small bell peppers with a little cottage cheese.
    . I have lost 20lbs, and am ready to start moving my body. I am diabetic (was) so am carb sensitive so it was a miracle to me for the weight to come off. Good for you for making your health a priority...be patient, one step at a time, I'm with you!

Never give up ! You can get there ! You need This !

Thanks frufrugirl! Well I got my positive test, so more motivation to eat healthy! Looking at Brewer and Weston A Price plans, except to limit the grain portion. Just went grocery shopping yesterday, and plan to cook up a bunch of stuff tonight for the week.
    Now going to have to put Judo on hold, but at least now I'm in a better motivation state to exercise!
    So here's to taking care of baby and me!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Starkanda; 08-31-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Shop Now
    Hello
    Where in California?