Thread: Sleeping more is it due to PB lifestyle?

Question Sleeping more is it due to PB lifestyle?

Shop Now
    I'm finding that since I began PB, I'm sleeping longer and I'm assuming more deeply as I wake refreshed and I'm wide awake not battling to make my body wake up. Fortunately, I'm recently retired so no panics about being late for work But after nearly missing an appointment with my GP and a following appointment at the local hospital, I'm now using an alarm to wake me up when I've got plans which mean I have to wake up at a set time.
    Just wondering if anyone else has found sleep is so much better. Is it PB ? Or maybe it's because I'm finally relaxing about food (calorie counting etc.)

Urja Guest
    How long are you sleeping, just out of interest?

For me, long, deep sleep that leaves me waking up refreshed is a sign of good health. The more active I am, the more sleep I need.

I wouldn't be concerned too much right now. It could be that your body is busy doing some healing or other restorative work that wasn't possible with your previous diet. Or maybe you weren't sleeping enough before. If you start needing more than 9 hours to feel refreshed without being active, or you start feeling unrefreshed no matter how long you sleep, then I would start to look at possible causes.

about 9-10 hours compared to about 6 hours, but I do feel good

Urja Guest
    Have you become more active? 9-10 hours can be ok, but there is some evidence that both over and under sleeping is associated with poor health outcomes. If you are very active or growing or healing I wouldn't worry about 9-10 hours. In your case, I think "healing" is a possibility for now. You might slip back down to 7-9. But some people do just naturally seem to need a bit more or less sleep.

When I'm awake I don't stop, lots of gardening good weather/decorating when weather is bad, plus lots of long walks with the dog. But I think I'm getting over a very stressful time last year. So for now I'll enjoy being able to sleep without waking several times a night.

The opposite happened for me. I had a lot of trouble sleeping after going PB. Ended up taking Natural Calm at the time to help. No issues these days.
    Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
    Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    The opposite happened for me. I had a lot of trouble sleeping after going PB. Ended up taking Natural Calm at the time to help. No issues these days.
    How wonderful to reach your goal weight in such a short time!! (There speaks a yo yo dieter)