Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Imax) page

Imax Guest

DAY 1 PRIMAL CHALLENGE

Day one went ok. I did a good job on my nutrition for the day... no sugar or grains and I feel fine. I did have a craving for a cold beer... lol.

1) Nutrition:

B: Scrambled Eggs with Sauteed Onions, Chunks of Chopped Coconut

L: Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry (tried the Red Palm Oil... mmmm good), FIsh Oil

S: Apple With Sunflower Seed Butter, Resveratrol Suppliment

D: Spiced Ground Beef (Kema) with Cucumber Salad, Almonds

... Peppermint Tea before bed

2) Workout:

Did not work out

3) Digital Distraction:

Watched less than 1 hour of TV all day and spent less than 1 hour on the internet (not counting time spent for work)

4) Sleep:

Got a good sleep last night. Getting to bed at a decent hour tonight... but need to do better. I want to start getting up earlier so I have to meditate and make a good breakfast before leaving for work.

Need to get my check up and body fat measured ASAP so it is not too far into the challenge.

Imax Guest

DAY 2 PRIMAL CHALLENGE

Day 2 went ok as well. Aside from not getting a good nights sleep, which snowballed into a large coffee with cream and sugar in the morning, I did well on my food choices. We are in the middle of moving into a new house with a 4 mont old baby so time is really tough to manage. I did not get a chance to work out. I also did well spending some time outside and avoiding "digital distractions."

1) Nutrition:

B: Scrambled Eggs, Macadamia nuts, Coffee With Cream & Sugar

L: Mixed greens salad with Mahi-Mahi, Iced Tea, Macadamia Nuts

S: Resveratrol Suppliment

D: Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry, Cucumber & Tomato Salad, Almonds, Fish Oil, Multi-Vitamin

2) Workout:

Did Not Work Out

3) Digital Distraction:

About 30 minutes of TV and the only time on the computer that was free time is the time spent typing all this in.

4) Sleep:

Did a horrible job with my sleep last night. I stayed up WAY too late and that led me to the coffee which led to the cream and sugar... my only "transgression" for the day.

I am going to sleep as soon as I start a "SNACKS" discussion in the forum. That is proving to be a challenge... a good variety of Primal Snacks...

Imax Guest

DAY 3 PRIMAL CHALLENGE

Day 3 was the best yet. I got a good sleep and had no nutritional "transgressions." I got some good sleep and was hardly on the internet and only watched maybe 30 minutes of TV after dinner. I also spent more time outside and in the sun.

1) Nutrition:

B: Scrambled Eggs, Goat Milk Kefir, Resveratrol Supplement,

S: Goat Milk Yogurt

L: Stir Fried Chicken and Green Beans, Macadamia Nuts, Fish Oil

S: 6 oz Goat Milk Kefir

D: Buffalo Burgers, Steamed Broccoli, Macadamia Nuts, Multi-Vitamin

S: Super Seed (Garden Of Life FIber Supplement)

http://www.gardenoflife.com/ProductsforLife/SUPPLEMENTS/DigestiveHealth/SuperSeed/tabid/644/Default.aspx

2) Workout:

Did Not Work Out

3) DIgital Distraction:

About 30 minutes of TV and the only time on the computer that was free time is the time spent typing all this in.

4) Sleep:

I got a good 8-9 hours last night and I am on track for the same tonight.

Felt really good today with a good nights sleep and sticking to the PB nutritional plan. I also had the chance to spend more time outside today which was nice so I got some good sun. I just need to get my work out routine going again and I will be all set. One day at a time....

Imax Guest

DAY 4 PRIMAL CHALLENGE

Today was pretty good. Similar theme as the last few days... did good on the nutrition, no TV, minimal internet, and no work out.

1) Nutrition:

B: Scrambled Eggs, Macadamia Nuts, Apple,Resveratrol Supplement

S: Almond Milk and FIsh Oil Capsules

L: Mixed Greens Salad with Turkey Breast, Macadamia Nuts

D: Yogurt, Macadamia Nuts, Chopped Pineapple and Strawberries, Sliced Turkey Breast.

2) Workout:

None

3) Digital Distractions:

No TV and Minimal Internet

4) Sleep:

Not enough sleep last night, but I did get in a 2 hour nap today and that felt great!

Feeling good in general!

This is fantastic news! Sharon has tremdous talent - and I am so glad she will share that with us!

------

Anita

------

weight loss program--weight loss program

Imax Guest

DAY 5 PRIMAL CHALLENGE

Did well today and I am finding the need to snack less. I feel good overall and don't really miss grains or sugar... although did have a craving for some good Mexican food...

1) Nutrition:

B: None

L: Scrambled Eggs with Onion and Turkey, Goat Milk Yogurt, Macadamia Nuts, Apple Slices with Sunflower Seed Butter, Fish Oil

S: Goat Milk Yogurt

D: Burger (ORganic/Grass Fed), Blanched/Sauteed Brussels Sprouts, Macadamia Nuts, Resveratrol Suppliment

S: Super Seed

2) Workout:

None

3) DIgital Distractions:

Minimal TV/Internet

4) Sleep:

Got about 7 hours last night and feel good.

Was able to spend some time outside so that was really nice. Just need to get my workouts rolling and I will be all good!

Imax Guest

DAY 6 PRIMAL CHALLENGE

Another good day minus the work out...

1) Nutrition:

B: Scrambled Eggs, Pineapple and Strawberries, Macadamia Nuts, Resveratrol

L: Stir Fried Chicken, Beef, String Beans, Asparagus, Fish Oil

D: Salmon, Steamed Broccoli, Macadamia Nuts

S: Super Seed

2) Workout:

None

3) DIgital Distractions:

Did well... minimal TV and Internet

4) Sleep:

Doing better in general... got about 6-7 hours and have been good for the last 2 nights. Makes a big difference in how I feel. I am surprised to have no craving for coffee.

Imax Guest

DAY 7 PRIMAL CHALLENGE

Did ok today except for dinner. Had a real hectic day so for many factor I ended up eating some Mexican food... more specifically chicken enchiladas with a few corn chips. Part of me was also curious to see how I would feel having grain after a week of being off of it. The feeling was not too dramatic, but I definitely felt very full/bloated, sluggish, and tired. It was significant enough to make me consider not doing it again...

1) Nutrition:

B: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Salad, Resveratrol

L: Burger, Bacon, Salad

D: Chicken Enchiladas and some Corn Chips

2) Work Out:

None

3) Digital Distractions:

Minimal on TV and Internet...

4) Sleep:

Did ok... but only got about 7 hours.

Imax Guest

DAY 8 PRIMAL CHALLENGE

Back on track after the chicken enchiladas and corn chips the night before. I definitely felt very sluggish after eating all that corn (corn tortillas and corn chips). Felt good today getting back on track. Had a little coffee in the morning with a little cream/sugar.

1) Nutrition:

B: Eggs, Bacon, Fruit

L: Spinach Salad, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Almonds, with Turkey

S: Apple and Macadamia Nuts

D: FIsh, Carrots, Green Beans, Glass of Red Wine, Fish Oil

2) Work Out:

None

3) Digital Distraction:

No TV and very little internet outside of work

4) Sleep:

Doing alright but I need to work towards a solid 8 every night.

Imax Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

DAY 9 PRIMAL CHALLENGE

Did well today minus the 2 cups of coffee with cream and sugar that resulted from a poor nights sleep.

1) Nutrition:

B: Scrambled Eggs, Coffee With Cream and Sugar

L: Chicken and Steamed Broccoli

D: Sea Bass, Steamed Broccoli, Green Beans, Fish Oil

2) Workout:

None

3) Digital Distractions:

Minimal

4) Sleep:

Got poor sleep last night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast