Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 67 year old female

67 year old female

Shop Now
    Does anyone know if a 67 year old women can be as buff as a man (like Mark). I follow P.B. Use hand weights and do body weight exercises

I will let you know in 16 years.

The answer is yes. Google Ernestine Shephard. She didn't even start lifting until she was in her 70s and she is gorgeous and flawless. In this photo she's her current age: 77.

Ernestine-Shepherd-77-year-old-bodybuilder.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=Erne...IVhXQ-Ch247w6b

You need to lift heavy though. Deadlifts, squats, etc. Google her routines.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Using Mark's fitness program, I don't think a typical female would get results like his. Barbell training would get you closer, not to mention that benefit it would bring to your bones.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Mark's wife is pretty buff/cut, but she doesn't just do bodyweight training. She's also pescatarian...

I have seen this lady. I wasn't sure if I needed to lift heavy since I follow primal. Friends think I have lost a lot of weight but it is mainly my shape that has changed. 7 inches off my waist. Thanks for the reply.

I have been primal for about 4 years and yep, it will definitely do a body recomp job on you. I found for myself it put the curves back in all the right places. My friends keep remarking with jealousy that I have a really defined waist.

Now I'm doing squats and lunges and deadlifts (they are the BEST) and my thighs and butt are way better now than they were when I was in my 20s. Or 30s. Or 40s. Or 50s.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

YES, but I think you will have to do either heavy lifting or serious bodyweight exercises, or both. By serious, I mean full regular push-ups, lots of them, and eventually moving to more difficult versions. Pull-ups, real ones. Squats, weighted (not necessarily with a barbell, but with something). Something like SimpleFit or a "fancier" program like Convict Conditioning.

To get inspired, google the 2015 Crossfit Games Masters Women 60+. AMAZING!!!!!!
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Urja Guest
    A thing to remember - different people are more or less inclined to look muscular. I look quite muscular regardless of what exercise I do. If I have low enough body fat, I automatically look like I make some effort at the gym. Other people in my position would look slim but not muscular.

Shop Now
    Yes, very true! 5 years into chronic fatigue with no exercise at all, I lost weight and a stranger approached me at the grocery store to ask if I was an athlete ... some are more inclined to have very low BF more easily, some inclined to have very small legs (even at a higher overall BF%) more easily, some inclined to have more muscle more easily. Mark is both ripped & shredded, and his wife is not, but she is lean & has good muscle tone (or was last time I saw a pic a few years back), which is what most women seem to want, anyway.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***