Thread: New to me: Acai Bowl?

New to me: Acai Bowl?

Shop Now
    I'm late to THIS particular trend. Just had a tweet pop-up that said there was a new restaurant in my berg serving these. "The World's Best Healthy Breakfast"?

Isnt' it essentially a Carb Delivery System? Is this hype, or am I missing something?
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Quote Originally Posted by wilberfan View Post
    I'm late to THIS particular trend. Just had a tweet pop-up that said there was a new restaurant in my berg serving these. "The World's Best Healthy Breakfast"?

Isnt' it essentially a Carb Delivery System? Is this hype, or am I missing something?
    It's hype to a degree. I prefer local, seasonal berries, but acai certainly has some antioxidant value and I wouldn't ignore them. But, I don't see acai as the superfood the hype suggests.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Quote Originally Posted by wilberfan View Post
    Isnt' it essentially a Carb Delivery System?
    About 70% of its calories are from fat.

Here is the real reason to look elsewhere: "Here in the U.S., acai berries come not as a whole fruit, but as frozen puree." Why bother with imported frozen puree when you can get many other kinds of delicious whole berries from local growers?

Shop Now
    My daughter introduced me to it as one of her favourite things. I liked it actually, and it didn't cause me any problems/inflammation, which a lot of things do. So it was handy to get in a pinch.
    Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
    Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.