Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Turquoise's Journal 3.0 page

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member

Turquoise's Journal 3.0

Shop Now
    I've decided to start a new journal for many reasons, but two of the primary reasons are that I'm no longer in law school and no longer have as many internal conflicts as I did previously about life/etc. I am a happier, healthier, slightly more mature TQP. Also, I got really sad staring at that pic of me in my favorite pink gym shorts in the tapatalk preview because I seemed to have lost them. It sort of sucks because I really wanted to hit 1 million PV's on the old journal... would have been badass to do in 1.5-2 years' time right?

I'm not sure how frequently I'll be able to update this in light of my new placements and aspirations, but here it is for me as a placeholder JUST in case I do decide to update it.

A brief bit about me for those who don't know me: I'm a newly minted patent attorney (still feels weird saying that), foodie, proud engineering/sciences nerd, fashion ("FASHUN") girl, and serial potato/banana/TXBBQ/gelatin/sushi eater. I enjoy long walks and longer debates. I'm quite egotistical but I think everyone should be. I'm somehow both a cynic and a perpetual optimist, I'm an introvert who loves to study people, and I'm into exploring the breadth rather than length of life. I'm fascinated by grey areas and antitheses. I'm good at knocking things over and making jokes. I suck at grammar and political correctness. Sriracha is a food group for me.

I am starting Big Law in October. I am sort of also co-writing a professional style book, running a workwear fashion website, and "consulting" for a social media monetization startup. Just trying to keep busy on this little startup venture called Life!

Xoxo

-TQP

P.S. Don't be shy! Say hi if you're dropping by. You can be VLC/801010, super conservative/liberal/etc., or whatever. I don't really care!

Last edited by TQP; 08-18-2015 at 05:28 PM.

TQP
    Day 2 of being on Slack (skype for tech businesses/teams) with the startup and I'm in love.

Seriously, I hope this takes off because I can see myself working 20 hours a day on this and never get bored.

ekba09 is online now Senior Member
    New journal! Are the old discussions retired with the old journal?

TQP

Urja is online now Senior Member
    Is there still going to be gelatine...?

TQP
    Quote Originally Posted by Urja View Post
    Is there still going to be gelatine...?
    MOST DEFINITELY.

I just ordered another 2lbs today, in fact.

TQP
    Goals by October 1:
    -Be Hotter (joking, sort of)
    -Convert at least 3 brands into paying customers for the new startup.
    -Finish the photoshoots for the workwear style book and editing for such; finish the bio part of the book pitch.
    -File the non-provisional patent for the client.
    -Take my family out to dinner.
    -Clean up all of the little loose ends with Delaware LLC amendments, taxes, trademark responses.

The last part and the patent part is stressing me out the most because I keep delaying them.

Goal by November 1: Find an apartment under $1000 (decided on cheaper-with-roomies route; would rather spend money on other things than a fancy apartment since I won't be in my apartment much at all anyway with my work schedule...I just need a bed). I've joined a FB group for creatives to find roomies and it's scary because I just saw a post where a witch-sex worker (?!?) is looking for a sex worker-friendly apartment in Bushwick. I'm really confused. Only in Brooklyn...
    Last edited by TQP; 08-16-2015 at 10:43 AM.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your emergency from the game that is law school! My beloved has been a patent attorney for 15 years and enjoys it more each passing year because it never gets boring the way engineering in the same field forever would have. He & I are both electrical engineers by our original degree and most of our close friends are engineers, scientists, programmers, or other homeschooling Catholics. Despite being geeks, though, I'm pretty luddite. I've found personally that I enjoy a life surrounded by the same things that others have loved for millennia much more than one primarily surrounded by or dependent on technology.

Good luck with your new career! Sounds like you're hanging your own shingle? And your undergrad is in biochem, right?
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

TQP

Turquoise's Journal 3.0

MG, nope! Not brave enough to hang my own shingle. I am starting in the patent litigation department of a Big Law firm as of October. I am filing some patents right now on my own for practice since I am going to need to know the other side of patent law soon for the future...

I double majored in biochemistry and chemical engineering. My background is predominantly biotech but I would love to transition into high-tech/software/tech startup IP portfolio consultation eventually. That's where my passion lies. I love the nexus of fashion, law, and tech. Weird niche, but I am hooked and can't look back! Call anything a startup and suddenly I'm hella interested. I guess I love the game.
    Last edited by TQP; 08-16-2015 at 11:46 AM.

piggy is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    My english suck at times .. What is a witch-sex worker?

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast