Thread: Chewing too much / unnatural effort? page

lascowiec is online now Member

Chewing too much / unnatural effort?

Shop Now
    Got some mild digestive issues and I chew foods really much, lol. But I find it pretty unnatural, getting tired due to too much chew during and after meals.

Chewing, is it really important for us or cooking all stuff excluding fruits/nuts is enough?

ekba09 is online now Senior Member
    Chew enough that you don't choke.

If you are counting your chews, or something like that, stop it. Just eat and enjoy food.

John Caton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekba09 View Post
    Chew enough that you don't choke.

If you are counting your chews, or something like that, stop it. Just eat and enjoy food.
    +1

Not sure what your digestive issues are, but over-chewing isn't likely the "cure". Chewing does promote the digestive process, but chewing sufficiently to swallow, without choking, is adequate. Eat slowly, by chewing just enough to swallow comfortably, and then allow a few extra seconds to pass between bites. If your digestive issues are enzyme related, the extra time between bites should keep the juices flowing to compensate. If not enzyme related, then extra chewing won't help either.

There are some gurus that believe foods should be liquified by chewing. That is the stomach's job and it is pretty efficient at doing it. Again, if there are enzyme issues, you may want to consider a supplement.
    Stop by to visit at primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

lascowiec is online now Member
    Learn More
    Extra chewing does not help me, so that means my isssues are not enzyme related.

I totally agreed your post. Thank you.