Thread: Curry Ranch dressing page

Selah is offline Senior Member
    the great state of Texas

Curry Ranch dressing

Shop Now
    I just found this and thought it sounded amazing. Looks pretty primal to me,what do you think?

Curry Ranch Dressing - a vegan raw recipe

Cashew cream makes a luscious creamy base for ranch style dressings and sour cream style sauces. Here I combined traditional ranch flavors with a kiss of curry. We enjoyed it on crisp herbal salad greens, and as a dip for fresh carrot sticks.

You'll need:
    1 cup soaked raw cashews
    1/2 cup fresh filtered water
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
    1/2 to 1 teaspoon mild gluten-free curry powder, to taste
    1/4 teaspoon organic garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon organic onion powder
    Pinch of sea salt, to taste
    Black pepper, to taste
    1 teaspoon fresh minced dill
    2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley
    2 teaspoons fresh minced basil leaves

Combine the soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, curry, garlic and onion powder in a Vita-Mix or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon of filtered water to thin; pulse. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Add the fresh chopped herbs. Pulse briefly to combine. Taste test! Adjust seasonings to your liking. Store in a covered glass jar or storage container. The flavors get better as it chills.

Use as a salad dressing or as a dip for carrot, celery, and zucchini sticks, and broccoli florets. Makes four servings.

Karina's Notes: For a thicker dip for crudities, use a little less liquid to start. You can always add more. Out of fresh herbs? Use dried. Start with a teaspoon each of dried herbs. Using this a veggie dip is a tasty way to get kids to munch healthy. Best used within four days.

quasty40 is offline Junior Member
    St Thomas US Virgin Islands

My thoughts exactly

I discovered the same recipe on google reader....I thought the same. I look forward to trying out the recipe. Let me know if you make any fun modifications! Have a great day and good luck going "primal".

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Central NY
    Interesting! I'm not eating nuts right now, but that would be an awesome recipe to use if I ever have vegan friends over for dinner.

After getting the idea from recipe on MDA, I made a curry salad dressing... but mine was just coconut milk, curry powder, wheat-free soy sauce, and garlic powder. Pretty tasty, though!

skookum is offline Senior Member
    Arcadia Point, Washington State
    Shop Now
    I've been doing Ranch dressing with just Greek yogurt and the herbs & spices, and loving it. I hadn't thought to add curry powder. That will be rectified on my next batch.