Thread: Curry Ranch dressing page

Selah is offline Senior Member

Curry Ranch dressing

Primal Fuel
    I just found this and thought it sounded amazing. Looks pretty primal to me,what do you think?

Curry Ranch Dressing - a vegan raw recipe

Cashew cream makes a luscious creamy base for ranch style dressings and sour cream style sauces. Here I combined traditional ranch flavors with a kiss of curry. We enjoyed it on crisp herbal salad greens, and as a dip for fresh carrot sticks.

You'll need:
    1 cup soaked raw cashews
    1/2 cup fresh filtered water
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
    1/2 to 1 teaspoon mild gluten-free curry powder, to taste
    1/4 teaspoon organic garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon organic onion powder
    Pinch of sea salt, to taste
    Black pepper, to taste
    1 teaspoon fresh minced dill
    2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley
    2 teaspoons fresh minced basil leaves

Combine the soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, curry, garlic and onion powder in a Vita-Mix or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon of filtered water to thin; pulse. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Add the fresh chopped herbs. Pulse briefly to combine. Taste test! Adjust seasonings to your liking. Store in a covered glass jar or storage container. The flavors get better as it chills.

Use as a salad dressing or as a dip for carrot, celery, and zucchini sticks, and broccoli florets. Makes four servings.

Karina's Notes: For a thicker dip for crudities, use a little less liquid to start. You can always add more. Out of fresh herbs? Use dried. Start with a teaspoon each of dried herbs. Using this a veggie dip is a tasty way to get kids to munch healthy. Best used within four days.

Source: glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com

quasty40 is offline Junior Member

My thoughts exactly

I discovered the same recipe on google reader....I thought the same. I look forward to trying out the recipe. Let me know if you make any fun modifications! Have a great day and good luck going "primal".

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Interesting! I'm not eating nuts right now, but that would be an awesome recipe to use if I ever have vegan friends over for dinner.

After getting the idea from recipe on MDA, I made a curry salad dressing... but mine was just coconut milk, curry powder, wheat-free soy sauce, and garlic powder. Pretty tasty, though!

skookum is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I've been doing Ranch dressing with just Greek yogurt and the herbs & spices, and loving it. I hadn't thought to add curry powder. That will be rectified on my next batch.