Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally tried raw milk. page

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member

I finally tried raw milk.

Shop Now
    The cream was kind of sour, and the milk wasn't as sweet as the standard off the shelf stuff. I didn't die of listeria, however (unless it takes more than 48 hours to manifest), so I guess that's alright. I will probably finish the rest off tonight, if it's still good.

M.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Weird; I find raw milk to taste like angels singing.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Its been a while since I had raw milk but im pretty sure the cream shouldent taste sour... at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Weird; I find raw milk to taste like angels singing.
    more like freshly squeezed angels
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Paysan is online now Senior Member
    If the cream tastes slightly sour , there are 3 main causes. Improperly handled raw milk tends to age much faster. The animals' diet was a bit off. (Alfalfa in early spring after a winter diet of hay produces funny tastes.) The animals' health was below par. And, of course, maybe it was old milk past its expiration date. I've kept raw goat milk for 8 days in my fridge w/o taste change.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Yeah. Cream a bit sour usually means that the milk is ....well soured

If you want some good probiotics feel free to drink raw soured milk. If you want some GREAT tasting fresh squeezed angels then have it fresh instead

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    your milk was definitely off. i am able to get raw milk a few times per month and it is very sweet, especially this time of year.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you had a bad first experience of raw milk, sounds like my first time at Guide Camp as a kid. I thought it was awful.

Now I know what it should taste like.

However, it is still good for you. If you don't like it just add it into something like an omelette to disguise the taste and try again another time.

It wasn't a bad experience, I'd say. I am, however, highly skeptical of the stuff. Probably shouldn't be storing it in a mason jar, huh?

M.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    did you milk the cow yourself? why is it in a mason jar? my raw milk comes in a glass milk bottle but i see no issue with the jar as long as it was sterile to begin with.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Learn More
    Jar, because that's how it was given to me.

Anyways, dumped the rest out. Ain't got time or money for listeria.

M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast